Pennzoil Gold Syn/Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there's been a discussion about this oil and I just missed it. Anybody use it or know much about it ?

No longer have an F150
Now a 2018 F250 6.2L using QSUD
Curious about this oil for my wife's 2008 Escape

I used it regularly for a few years to satisfy the GM Dexos requirement (Malibu). At the time it was 50% syn, and priced reasonably. Not sure if that has changed or not. Ran fine for 7000+ mile runs, good mpg. No complaints.

It's alittle hard to find where I live but from what I can find info wise looks to be a good choice

I've run it in 6 or 7 different fleet vehicles before. I don't have any complaints. A Walmart near me has five quart jugs under $18. If you can find it for a similar price, go for it!

I have access to quart bottles
But not 5 quart jugs as of now 🤨🤨

Found it quart bottles
🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
No longer have an F150
Now a 2018 F250 6.2L using QSUD
Curious about this oil for my wife's 2008 Escape

It exceeds Ford's oil recommendation.

I don't think I've ever seen the Penz Gold Syn/Blend stocked around here. TBH I don't think I've ever seen a bottle of it in person. Of course, Walmart carries it online for pickup, but I can buy PP for $3 more bucks and it's always in stock and frequently on rebate, so I haven't ever felt compelled to buy the Gold. Pennzoil's pricing confuses me - only a few dollars separates it's lowest price offering from it's "higher" tier. Usually drives me to buy the PP, especially when on rebate. I guess that's what they are hoping for.

Originally Posted by The_Cams
I used it regularly for a few years to satisfy the GM Dexos requirement (Malibu). At the time it was 50% syn, and priced reasonably. Not sure if that has changed or not. Ran fine for 7000+ mile runs, good mpg. No complaints.

Who told you it was 50% syn?
I have never found anyone at Pennzoil offices (during calls emails etc) to announce the exact percentage of synthetic in their jug blends.

If I'm remembering correctly, Pennzoil directly advertised Gold as being 50% synthetic when it first came out. It was one of the big marketing points on their website. Again, if I'm remembering correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back