Pennzoil Full Synthetic (Not Platinum) PDS, Who let's this stuff get printed??

wemay

Site Donor 2023

1616605303104.png

1616605260670.png

1616605340382.png

^^^^^^^^^↑^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you really do that ????

Not that I blame you if you did... I'd understand why.

I can't blame anyone for not using it. A typo here, a misprint there, is fine and understandable. But come on Pennzoil, this has happened too often recently. But the fact of the matter is, we're probably the largest collection of humans reading these sheets.

I can't blame anyone for not using it. A typo here, a misprint there, is fine and understandable. But come on Pennzoil, this has happened too often recently. But the fact of the matter is, we're probably the largest collection of humans reading these sheets.

Totally agree wemay...

Attention to detail matters at times. And sometimes it matters a whole, whole lot.

Like insulin dosed at 300 or even 500 units per ml vs the very typical 100 units per ml... we had a patient get admitted to the hospital I worked at and someone missed that huge distinction and difference. The patient got a lot less than their typical insulin because it was based off of 100 units per ml vs the patient's normal at home dosing of 300 units per ml.

I like Cam2 motor oil for sure. However I do not like that they Cam2 and Smitty's made a tractor 303 hydraulic oil that truly met no real current specs. And it sold to many people not realizing it was not adequate for what their application was. Not good practice in my opinion. Though every time the pqia tested Cam2 Superpromax it has been perfectly fine. That is why I have been ok running it.

...we're probably the largest collection of humans reading these sheets.
You probably don't realize how true that is.
In the pre-digital age, I carried the current Pennzoil spec sheets in a binder in my car for all sales work. They would be distributed by mail from the corporate print shop, and when new ones arrived I would update my binder.
In twenty years, the number of times a customer or prospective customer gave one more than a cursory glance numbered in the single digits. These are businesses that buy hundreds or thousands of gallons a month.
So yes, outside of this forum, virtually no one pays any attention to TDSs.
Product labels are a different matter. They are attached to the product, so must be perfect. I have first hand knowledge of the scrapping of an entire batch of Quaker State full synthetic in quarts that made it out to distribution centers with an error on the label. Batches were generally tens of thousands of gallons, so it was costly. And fixing the problem much more difficult than making a few keystrokes to correct a digital TDS.

Totally agree wemay...

Attention to detail matters at times. And sometimes it matters a whole, whole lot.

Like insulin dosed at 300 or even 500 units per ml vs the very typical 100 units per ml... we had a patient get admitted to the hospital I worked at and someone missed that huge distinction and difference. The patient got a lot less than their typical insulin because it was based off of 100 units per ml vs the patient's normal at home dosing of 300 units per ml.

I like Cam2 motor oil for sure. However I do not like that they Cam2 and Smitty's made a tractor 303 hydraulic oil that truly met no real current specs. And it sold to many people not realizing it was not adequate for what their application was. Not good practice in my opinion. Though every time the pqia tested Cam2 Superpromax it has been perfectly fine. That is why I have been ok running it.
I can get Cam2 for about the price of Supertech. Any opinions on running it? When I go to API I buy it as top off oil, as it's $2.50 a quart there for Super Pro Max syn blend.

I've read on here it's supposedly recycled, thus why it's so cheap.

KV100 of 8.4 for a 5W30! Hard pass! If I wanted to use 5W20, I would just go out and buy some.
This must be a misprint. How are all three identical?

I can get Cam2 for about the price of Supertech. Any opinions on running it? When I go to API I buy it as top off oil, as it's $2.50 a quart there for Super Pro Max syn blend.

I've read on here it's supposedly recycled, thus why it's so cheap.
Please link that.

Back