Pella Sliding Screen Door Parts

I had to replace my Pella Sliding screen door closer assembly in 2016. Paid $98.46 and a Pella rep installed it for $150.00.
Last week this very same part broke AGAIN. Replacement cost $352.26 (this price does includes the 20% discount they offered me) lol
PELLA, ARE YOU KIDDING??? Their email address is [email protected]. Notice the word "win" in the email address. Who is inning here?
THIS IS JUST WRONG. If anyone knows where I can find the replacement part at a RESPONSIBLE price please let me know.
It does not need to be a pella part, I just need it to work.

My Pella Slider from 1995 just got a little wanky on me. This picture is of the rod in the top of the screen door. It's the rod the tension spring is attached to. Got any ideas where I can buy that black broken piece missing the 2 wheels like is showing on the good one?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Hi Gebo, I realize this is an older post but I have a Pella screen door with the same overhead assembly. My problem isn't the header but the screws that hold the screen door in place that fasten to that little black piece in your picture. What size screw is it? Pella has no idea what I'm talking about.
Thanks,
Noah

FYI ~ the part is called a DCS Screen Roller. The Customer Service rep at Pella referred to it as a Screen Roller Assembly. They have them in stock. Ordered myself one today. Hope this helps. View attachment 26093
I realize this is an older post but I have a Pella screen door with the same overhead assembly (1992 - 12/2004). My problem isn't the header but the screws that hold the screen door in place that fasten the door to that little black piece on the roller. What size screw is it? Pella has no idea what I'm talking about.

I have 6 Pella sliding patio doors. 5-6' and 1-5'. I have replace all of the DCS Screen rollers at least once. All made in 1996. I purchased them because I had Pella doors in the 70s and never had an issue with them. My question. Has anyone come up with anything different that will work? Has anyone tried the 03UY0002 rollers? l can't tell from the pictures if they would drop the door too much to work. Tired of paying over $200 for a part that probably doesn't cost Pella over $5 to make.

Is there anyone that’s willing to sell their broken closer assembly? I only need a set of wheels.

My Pella Slider from 1995 just got a little wanky on me. This picture is of the rod in the top of the screen door. It's the rod the tension spring is attached to. Got any ideas where I can buy that black broken piece missing the 2 wheels like is showing on the good one?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Hi , I would like to buy that broken part. Is it for sale ?

I printed a replacement for the trolly. I used a 10-24 tap to add threads to the bottom and side holes. I just crimped the aluminum tube slightly so it would grab onto the threaded rod. I replaced the hanging screw with a 10-24 machine screw for obvious reasons.
The axle for the wheels it a 1/4-20 bolt that I ground down the head to make it a bit thinner to give more clearance in the track.
I printed it with ASA with a layer height of 0.1mm.
It's not perfect, but it's been working for 6 months with no signs of failing.

I tried to upload the 3D files here, but was not allowed to upload the types of files.
So here is a Dropbox link if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 20220928_195110.jpg
    20220928_195110.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220928_195122.jpg
    20220928_195122.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220928_195753.jpg
    20220928_195753.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I joined this group to specifically provide an answer for what I feel is the correct part. After a LOT of effort on my part, I finally got ahold of a human being at pella, who told me this is the part I need. It is slightly different from the original, as it does not utilize a self closer. I was told the self closing style is no longer availible. You do not use the spring with this one. You will have to manually open and close the screen yourself. FYI, The part comes with screws that may or may not be long enough. In my case i simply uesed the original screwes. It comes also with two of the special plastice nuts, which was good, since one of my old ones was cracked. The part fits and now my door opens and closes with ease. I paid 65 bucks for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020-193608_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020-193608_Gmail.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 272
I joined this group to specifically provide an answer for what I feel is the correct part. After a LOT of effort on my part, I finally got ahold of a human being at pella, who told me this is the part I need. It is slightly different from the original, as it does not utilize a self closer. I was told the self closing style is no longer availible. You do not use the spring with this one. You will have to manually open and close the screen yourself. FYI, The part comes with screws that may or may not be long enough. In my case i simply uesed the original screwes. It comes also with two of the special plastice nuts, which was good, since one of my old ones was cracked. The part fits and now my door opens and closes with ease. I paid 65 bucks for it.
BTW, it took a month after I ordered and paid for it, before they shipped it to my house.

Hi - I've got the same issue with this 90s Pella Screen. I have not had any luck finding this part from Pella. They want appx $1K for new screen. I'd be happy to give up the self closing function, yet not finding the part number. If anyone has discovered a solution - please post!

Hey BTuck - please let me know if those printed parts worked? I'd be interested in purchasing. Here are some illustrations:

Attachments

• Screen door 2.jpg
    Screen door 2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen door 1.jpg
    Screen door 1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Springs Pella 1.jpg
    Springs Pella 1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Spring Pella 2.jpg
    Spring Pella 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 103
Hi - I've got the same issue with this 90s Pella Screen. I have not had any luck finding this part from Pella. They want appx $1K for new screen. I'd be happy to give up the self closing function, yet not finding the part number. If anyone has discovered a solution - please post!

Hey BTuck - please let me know if those printed parts worked? I'd be interested in purchasing. Here are some illustrations:
It's not perfect, but it works well enough. Though I made a few minor changes because I can never stop fiddling.
I made the release a little easier and gave it more height clearance. Plus I changed the modified bolt to a simple, off the shelf, 10-24 x 3/4" flat head machine screw with hex nut. I needed a little loctite, but that was much easier than grinding. :)
The updated files are in the Dropbox link above.

It's not perfect, but it works well enough. Though I made a few minor changes because I can never stop fiddling.
I made the release a little easier and gave it more height clearance. Plus I changed the modified bolt to a simple, off the shelf, 10-24 x 3/4" flat head machine screw with hex nut. I needed a little loctite, but that was much easier than grinding. :)
The updated files are in the Dropbox link above.
Thank you!

FWIW I had two door handle latch springs break. So the lever handles just flopped in the breeze.

C clip style, round wire, ~ 24mm ID. Could not find them anywhere...........then Ebay and yes China - now waiting for delivery.. It was a main use door so I swapped from a low use door for now. Less than 9 years of use, oh well.

I bet a better spring should have been 20+ years of constant use IMHO

Back