Peeling window tint question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My driver`s side window tint is beginning to peel slightly from the top edge of the window. About a half an inch has peeled away and it`ll flap in the wind when I`m driving with the windows down. Tint job is about 5 years old. It has a lifetime warranty,but the place that did it is about 3 hours from where I live. Is there anything I can do to stick it back down?

Road Trip!
banana2.gif
LOL.gif
There really isnt much you can do for tint that has pulled off of the window. If you try to get it to stick again it will come off again in short order. Even though you have a warranty, for the money I would just hit up a local tint shop and have that side re-done.

Last edited:
Take a very new one sided razor blade and trim the slight peel back. The aesthetics might not be 100%, but it will still keep your car just a cool. one half inch gone is miniscule.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Tint job is about 5 years old. It has a lifetime warranty,but the place that did it is about 3 hours from where I live. Is there anything I can do to stick it back down?

Lifetime warrenty just means that the tint is free but you still have to pay the labor charge...Having just one window done like the one on the door is only around 25 bucks.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Not necessarily. Some warrant the film AND the labor, been there done that.

x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back