PCV valve for '01 2.3L Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently took my PCV valve off to clean it and when shaken, it doesn't rattle like most others I've heard. Before and after cleaning, it sounds the same but, it does allow air flow in only one direction so it seems to be functional and the spring end still snaps back when pressed in.

Anyone out there have a 6th Gen 4cyl (98-02) and notice this with an OEM PCV. I'll replace it if this is abnormal for this OEM PCV but, the local dealership wants big $$ for this valve. Like I said, functionally, when blowing through it, it does act as a uni-directional valve, just no rattle.

My dealership wants 35CAD for a genuine OE Honda PCV for my dad's 7th gen civic.

Knowing that the fact that the original one has been on it for over 110,000kms and it's been cleaned twice already, I wouldn't hesitate in spending that 35 bucks to get a new one and put it on, for I know that 35 can go for another 120,000kms easily.

sometimes, you have to cut to the chase and get it done, and don't skimp on the $$ for any oil-related contamination that leads to further engine or emissions component damage is not worth saving that 10 or maybe 20 bucks down the road.

Oh and mind you: I do have a degree in economics so don't quote me on that (LOL!)

Q.

I put a $3.00 Purolator PCV valve in my wifes 01' Accord 4 cyl. one year ago with no problem so far. $30 seems steep to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back