Paypal question (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
If I send a Paypal bill to someone for goods and they pay via Paypal I don't get charged any seller fees??? Why not?

If they pay with eCheck the fee is less and most likely the same for balance to balance trasfers. Not sure why you have not seen any fees. I use PayPal invoicing a LOT, to the tune of $10K in fees last year.

I've only received a few payments over the years from Paypal, but there has always been a small fee deducted as the recipient of funds. As far as I know, the person receiving the funds always gets nicked a tad. Not sure why you're not getting charged, but I wouldn't complain too loudly :)

If you have a personal account, there are no fees. There are limits though and you can only take balance transfers or e-checks.

Originally Posted By: Scott P
If you have a personal account, there are no fees. There are limits though and you can only take balance transfers or e-checks.

Each time I've had money sent to my personal account I've been charged a small fee.

Yep, that's what we/I pay (three accounts). It started like this from a customer who claimed to have a method to avoid the fees:

Quote:
When you sign directly into the paypal website there's a tab at the top that says "send money" then I would fill in an email address to send to. When using that option I am able to send money directly without having paypal squeeze me for a percentage of what I the item purchase cost is.
So essentially I will directly send the full payment.

First I told him that the seller doesn't pay any fees anyway. So what the heck? Then he said the buyer doesn't either, with that method.

So I just happened to have sent invoices that day, and when they paid, guess what? No fees.
grin2.gif

However, about eight hours later Paypal has totally revamped the view in "My Account", only showing gross proceeds (
whistle.gif
hmmmmm...) you can of course click on the "details" and see - yes they took their fees from the invoiced payments. Myth squished.

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I just hate how Paypal keeps changing the fees, the rules etc. Then again so does E-bay
smirk2.gif

Well since eBay owns Paypal....

Bill - I knew the guy was full of something....

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I just hate how Paypal keeps changing the fees, the rules etc. Then again so does E-bay
smirk2.gif

Well since eBay owns Paypal....

Bill - I knew the guy was full of something....

Yea... I've been with Paypal before Ebay bought it (and been with Ebay since 1998) there is NEVER any way to get around those guys without fees.

I guess I should be happy since Ebay is here in Utah and soon to be HQ'd here.

But they are NOT cheap...

Oh I have hosted many auctions with $0.01 items for sale with $25.00 shipping, don't you know that's what everyone does...
mad.gif

I had it out with customer service on E-bay about this and was basically given the cold shoulder so now I refuse to use them or buy anything from there.
wink.gif

And I have to say that Ebay DOES sell stuff for more than I could locally. Even after the fees the items are GONE.

I use paypal for free all the time. If you have a personal account instead of a premier account, you can get payments from a PP balance or from someone's bank account for free, but they charge higher rates for CC transactions with a personal account. My roommate and I use it to transfer money around for rent and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back