Patman's oil analysis coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew the 6,000-mile sample today. I should have the results in a couple of weeks.

Sorry, Ryan, I had to draw it today instead of tomorrow. A trip to Muriale's pushed me a day ahead.

I updated the webpage and also added a few new questions to the "Questions & Answers" page.

Cheers, 3MP
http://oilstudy.spacebears.com

Hooray for the Patman sample!

fruit.gif

I hope that doesn't mean I jinxed it!
freak2.gif
tongue.gif

[ March 06, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Well, the analysis is here:

http://oilstudy.spacebears.com

Seems oil hits a "stride" at some point... weird. I wonder how long that lasts. This is really unexpected, clearly illustrates the difference between tracking degradation vs. just taking point samples here and there. It's definitely not a linear process.

Cheers, 3MP

Very nice! Holding up well. How much do you think the make up oil is skewing the results? I'm sure you already explained this but how are you taking the sample oil out?

Yay, the oil is still in great shape at the Patman sample!
smile.gif

Looks like I even brought it good luck, the TBN's on the rise!
smile.gif

Maybe this oil will go 10k after all!

Quick:

I am sure the make-up oil is prolonging the life of the oil somewhat, but we're talking about 1/12th the capacity here, I'm not losing sleep over it.
wink.gif

There must be a way to mathematically model the % error introduced by the make-up oil, and I may look into that once the M1 testing is complete, just for grins.

For sample extraction, I was not able to get any of the suction devices to work properly with this car. Therefore, I drive the car up ramps and immediately -- while engine is still scorching hot -- clean the area around the drain plug, loosen it until a dribble comes out, let it go for a minute to clear any contaminants in the flow, and then sample.

Cheers, 3MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back