Patching a head liner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at buying a 1995 Chevy Suburban and overall it is in good shape. The head liner has a couple small tears about 1 inch long and the width of a dime. Almost like a chunk taken out. How can I patch these amd make it look decent?

Also this truck saw lots of dirt roads and had no mud flaps so the paint along the very bottom is down to bare metal but no rust. Would would the best way be to touch up these areas without spending a lot of money? The body shop wants a lot to repray the whole lower section. I just need it to look half way decent and last(not peal next year). Many thanks!

The headliner is a loss. I have about 50 holes in mine from my german shephard trying to bite reflections on it.

Last edited:
I just redid the headliner in an '85 F150. Took out the liner, stripped it down to the cardboard as clean as I could get it without wearing myself out, grabbed a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive and stuck $7 worth of vinyl to it from the local fabric store. Looks awesome if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back