Parts Washer

Been using a Harbor Freight one since I opened last year.....What a piece of crap!! Used to have a Zep Dyna-Brute before being swindled out of it.....It was perfect for transmission building (In my opinion anyway). Tried to locate a used without luck.....All the good/old used equipment seems to located in the Industrial States like Michigan, Ohio, & Pennsylvania.

Decided to buy a Dyna-Brute FB (Freeboard) which is an updated version to comply with vapor emissions. Looks like it will work just as good, But doesn't have a opening for easy submersion of parts like the original Dyna-Brute. I'll likely modify it.....

Sa0sWWk.jpg

oE2RE34.jpg

EHFAFwz.jpg

This is how the original Dyna Brute was configured....... I didn't know how the FB model was configured inside the basin as NO pictures seem to exist (Just stock photos of the outside)

FwIiq5K.jpg

When I was gainfully employees we had a service that came by every so often and changed out the solvent.

Awesome 😎. When I was in school we had a really big one can’t remember the name for the life of me it was a tan color and about 30 years old too but man that thing worked like a champ. I agree about the HF being junk I’ve heard bad things about them from heavy use.

When I was gainfully employees we had a service that came by every so often and changed out the solvent.

And they're more than happy to rent you a machine as well, I stay away from Service Contracts. This will cost a couple grand to get going.....But I can stretch 35 gallons of clean solvent for 2-2 1/2 years easy. This is for transmission & engine component cleaning.....Not heavily soiled engine parts & Transmission Cases, I have a Spray Wash Cabinet for that.

Been using a Harbor Freight one since I opened last year.....What a piece of crap!! Used to have a Zep Dyna-Brute before being swindled out of it.....It was perfect for transmission building (In my opinion anyway). Tried to locate a used without luck.....All the good/old used equipment seems to located in the Industrial States like Michigan, Ohio, & Pennsylvania.

Decided to buy a Dyna-Brute FB (Freeboard) which is an updated version to comply with vapor emissions. Looks like it will work just as good, But doesn't have a opening for easy submersion of parts like the original Dyna-Brute. I'll likely modify it.....

Sa0sWWk.jpg

oE2RE34.jpg

EHFAFwz.jpg
That is a nice unit (y)

My familys business is diesel generators. MANY years ago, we built a parts washer from a 275 gallon home heating oil tank. We cut a full width door in the front/top, added a fire link to drop in just in case and a very heavy shelf since some of the heads we did weighed almost 300 pounds.
We filtered it with huge Cat filters since we always have em in stock. Only thing it was lacking was heat. It was terrible to use it in cold weather.

Cline, that new one is nice.

And they're more than happy to rent you a machine as well, I stay away from Service Contracts. This will cost a couple grand to get going.....But I can stretch 35 gallons of clean solvent for 2-2 1/2 years easy. This is for transmission & engine component cleaning.....Not heavily soiled engine parts & Transmission Cases, I have a Spray Wash Cabinet for that.
Are you using Stoddard or a water based cleaner in your parts washer?

Back