Parts store websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since AAP and Oreilly updated their websites, I find them somewhat cantankerous. Somewhat frustrating for me because I like to research what I want before I walk through the door.

Simple searches yield "no results found." Also, I sometimes have to click more than once to select something. On top of that, I may be going to a drop down menu and all the channels (add vehicle for example) and then I may just get kicked out and have to restart.

I've always considered NAPA's site to be somewhat of a pain, but it's not so bad now.. AZ's looks to be the same to me although I don't go there much.

Surely it's not just me?
crazy2.gif

I haven't used O'Reillys much since the update (thankfully haven't had the need!) but the few times I did it worked as good as it did before.
NAPA's site has always been a pain. It never saves my location, then you enter your vehicle info, then you search and it makes you choose a vehicle again.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
NAPA's site has always been a pain. It never saves my location, then you enter your vehicle info, then you search and it makes you choose a vehicle again.

It does do this!

It's not just you. It would be an interesting poll to rate the websites of the national part store chains: AZ, AAP, O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, NAPA for simplicity, PITA factor, etc.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
I concur.

That is why I use Amazon or Autoanything.com for online shopping. Brick and mortar places usually do not focus on websites as much as they should.

This is true. Every time I walk into Oreilly, I have to wait because the phone won't stop ringing.

So is NAPA still advertising their Peak oil for a super low price? They haven't honored that for months.
I use the O'Reilly web site to verify what brand they are selling and then see if they can sell it to me.
However, if I'm not in a hurry, odds are I'll buy from RockAuto or Amazon.

I agree that AAP's new site is not as good as the old one. AZ's is alright; NAPA has always been straight garbage.

I'm baffled as to why they are so awful, except RA.
O'Reilly's was may favorite until they 'improved' it. At least they brought the compatibility tab back.
NAPAONLINE has always been inexcusably bad, kind of like my local stores.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper

It does do this!

Strange, it saves our vehicle and location when I use it?

I also don't like AAP's new website. Way too much jumping around the site for what used to be done in 1 or 2 clicks. I've already started using Pep Boys a little bit more often.

NAPA always was a pain; it remembers my cars but never the engine size. AZ is ok but prices could be better. Don't have O'Rielly's near me.

The web pages that you need a login for that are geared towards the professional are a little easier to navigate. We would use either Oreillys or AutoZone and I hate both their pages. I had to look up a bunch of parts to make a battery cable and about lost it being so angry with their search. We had a catalog with all of that stuff in it, but of course someone tossed it.

I use Repco Navigator - just enter the rego number, and it gives all parts for that vehicle, our price, retail price, if it's in store, how many, and how many in other stores nearby. I can order online and go up and pick them up from the counter. We also get a visual with dimensions for reference too.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: ATex7239
I concur.

That is why I use Amazon or Autoanything.com for online shopping. Brick and mortar places usually do not focus on websites as much as they should.

This is true. Every time I walk into Oreilly, I have to wait because the phone won't stop ringing.

You're already there, but the potential customer on the line isn't, yet.

What bugs me now is the parts sites ask me what I want first, and I pick "brake pads" then they go all, "whoa, charlie, tell me what car this is for."

I can be in the middle of typing in a search term at AAP's site and get a pop-up that steals my keyboard/ mouse cursor.

These changes are deliberate boardroom maneuvers designed to make us spend more time tripping over stuff and potentially spending more money. Sort of like how supermarkets put the bread, milk, and meat on opposite corners.

I agree, aside from rockauto, they are all awful.

RockAuto has a good site, but their shipping almost always kills the deal. It's just mysterious.

The others are simply HORRIBLE. They clearly put no effort into their sites, and they don't get my business.

The boutique site - Pelican Parts, BavAuto - are mostly [censored]-free and I keep using them, even if I'm paying slightly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back