Painting black dash pad

Ok guys I just bought a nice new repo dash pad from RESTOPARTS in black that I need to paint red. In experimenting with black plastic parts for my red interior I realized it’s going to take quite a few coats to get the shade I want. In my original experiment I used BullDog Adhesion Promoter then the paint. After questioning the paint supply store about coverage issues, I was told to use a white or gray primer first but they did not know about using the BullDog.

I am getting ready to paint the dash pad and am looking for some opions as if I should just use the SEM primer then paint or the Bulldog adhesive promoter, primer then paint or some other order. What say thee?

Product photos attached.

Dash paint and prep.jpg

Are you sure it wouldn't be better to leave it black? Besides the how to cover black problem, a dash pad is flexible and even "flexible" paint won't be very flexible.
Sorry for any confusion, basically I am using SEM products which are more like a "dye" and "are" flexable to be specifically used as I need. Question was related to order of products.

Back