Paint Problem

I had an incident with the garage door opening. Looking for opinions as to whether PDR can handle a fender crease or should I go right to the body shop?
TIA.
Fender 1.jpg
Fender 2.jpg

The pics arent great but your car appears to be a good candidate for PDR. The paint isnt cracked, and eventhough the dent is on a contour line a good PDR tech should be able to fix it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give PDR a go after this cold snap goes away (in April). A big concern of mine was whether someone would just start a job like this and the tell me half way through it can't be done.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give PDR a go after this cold snap goes away (in April). A big concern of mine was whether someone would just start a job like this and the tell me half way through it can't be done.
Before my repair, my PDR guy said that if he couldn't finish it or failed somehow, there would be no charge. I told him that I was not like that (anymore) and that I would at least make things right regarding his time and effort.

Sometimes it's a matter of balancing your objectives. You'd like it fixed perfectly, without having to get the panel painted.

With something this minor, I'd always vote to let a PDR guy give it his best go, and if it's not PERFECT as you run a florescent light over it, at least you didn't have to have it sanded, painted and cleared. Try as they might, I've never seen a PERFECT post-factory paint job this side of Pebble Beach. I can always see the changes in texture and reflection as I walk along the car, which bugs me worse than an imperfect, PDR'd crease.

Keep your objective in mind, and think about what you're willing to live with.

Not too advanced. Any professional technician can push that up. I fix that kind of stuff every day.

Thanks for the replies all. I will have it assessed by a PDR guy locally. This Jeep is only 10 months old and I'm going to be putting over 110k on it it over it's lifetime, so if PDR can't do it I'll go to a body shop. I'd hate to have to look at a dent every time I walk into the garage.

When my wife's '19 X5 was less than a year old it got a dent in the passenger door while at the dealership. The X5 has a pretty sharp crease along the doors and that's where the dent was. They brought in a top notch PDR guy and he was able to make it look like the dent was never there, I was amazed.

Back