pads, rotors and calipers changed...still vibrating when braking

What vehicle is this?

My crude rule of thumb is pedal + steering wheel = front brakes. Pedal only = rear brakes

If rear drums this maybe becomes less likely, but not necessarily.

I see no mention of rear brakes? Why not?
That is my same "formula" and good to point that out to the op so he can narrow his focus on which end of the car - good job!

If bedding was that critical more shops would do it or else they would have a lot of comebacks.
It is critical and my shop does every brake job. But, to your point, some shops don't and the results of that usually don't show up for a few thousand miles later. But all the shops I know personally say they do as well so I think most do vs most don't.

To me fresh pads often feel like wood until bedded, but once initially heated you get some modulation and bite. Thus I bed every time. YMMV

The problem with not doing some "bedding in" before daily driving is that when you brake especially if you have an emergency braking situation, They may not brake as evenly, or as quickly, as 100% of the pad is not contacting 100% of the rotor yet. This is the largest concerns when just doing a pad swap on old rotors and yep I've done that and still will. It can create hot spots on the rotor and pad and could potentially cause a warp if; Towing a trailer say before these surfaces mate correctly or hard braking is required. This is why its not recommended, especially for a customers car. Moderate braking a few times and a long coast to allow cooling.

Make sure you don't have a bent hub. I went through this on a 2000 Mustang I fixed up from a wreck. It had been curbed (I assume) and the rear axle flange had a wobble and shaky braking. I had to get a junkyard rear axle for it.

Back