Packers at Vikings - Monday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

I was born and raised in Wisconsin. Grew up in the 60's watching the Lombardi Pack win the first two Super Bowls.

Brett Favre has been my favorite football player since at least '94.

My name for the Vikings has been "The Purple Pansies". I've hated them for years.

I feel schizo about this game Monday. I know in my heart I will be pulling for Brett to win. Yes, for the Vikings to beat the Packers.

Never thought I'd say it.

I think I need to see a shrink.

This year, I decided to be a Vikings fan. My thoughts were confirmed after the game winning toss/catch this past Sunday. THAT is what makes football exciting to watch, like no other sport.

That Peterson guy is a great running back. Dare I say the best since Mr Walton Payton?

Can't wait for the Vikings to visit the Packers in Green Bay. I sure hope that game will be televised nationally.

No you don't need a shrink. The Packers are a community team.
Go Packers!
There now you can sleep tonight.

Grew up in Wisconsin also, and gave my Vikings fan a hard time for years...

Don't even know who to root for in this game, not a huge Rodgers fan, but liked Favre till he lost his mind. Either way, it will be exciting, but I think the Vikings will win it. Veteran qb, better defense stats so far this year (even though it seems the Packers defense is possibly better, they haven't performed well since game 1), and of course Peterson. The Pack has got to stop Peterson to win, but that would likely open up receivers for Favre's great passing ability. Like yourself, I'm not sure who to root for, but I think MN will pull off the win, if I had to put money on it.

Too many disappointing Packers-Favre monday night games(excepting the game after his father died).

Packers-Rodgers win.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, I will be burned at the stake for saying this, but I hope Brett kicks their butt.

He might in the first half. But by the second half he will be retired.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, I will be burned at the stake for saying this, but I hope Brett kicks their butt.

For all my life, I've hated the Vikings. I can't tell anybody why, it's just something that was instilled in my at a very early age.
With Brett there, I might actually be cheering for them. I guess it won't matter much either way who wins, but it should be an exciting game to watch.

The game winning drive in last weeks game was the exact reason the Vikings went and signed Farve. As a Vikings fan, it is still surreal to be cheering for a guy that we hated (yet were jealous of!) so many years while he was wearing green!

Regardless of the outcome, good times and a fun year to be a Vikings fan. We are enjoying the ride!

Rodgers is under a ton of pressure. If he loses to MN, people will say Green Bay should have kept Favre. I hope he likes seeing all the #4 jerseys in the crowd Monday night.

I could only dream Brett throws a come back touchdown in the 4th
looks up at Ted Thompson and give him the finger.

Originally Posted By: dave123
LMAO. Ive always been a strict Green bay fan, and yet I hope that happens.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I might have to go up to the watering hole tomorrow and catch the game just to see it happen.

It appears I am not the only long-time Packer fan who will be rooting for Brett to have a big game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back