Green Bay Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
If you can only play good at home you wont go far in playoffs

GB isn't very good offensively on the road, which is why they couldn't afford this loss today...they're in trouble if they have to play on the road in the post season...

All this talk about football and here I am like "which vehicle is due for an oil change and what should I use."

SF's head coach does need to go and got completely out coached in the second half. What poor play calling in that 4th quarter against Seattle's defense. He played right into what Seattle wanted him to do and it was obvious. It was a lost cause as soon as he went to all those time-consuming underneath plays.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
SF's head coach does need to go and got completely out coached in the second half. What poor play calling in that 4th quarter against Seattle's defense. He played right into what Seattle wanted him to do and it was obvious. It was a lost cause as soon as he went to all those time-consuming underneath plays.

Did you post this in the wrong thread? This has nothing to do with Green Bay. But I agree that Harbaugh needs to go. He's lost the team.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Buf 21...GB 13....any given Sunday is... today!

I go to Buffalo (700+ mile round trip) with a good friend every year. This year we each brought our kids for the first time. Head up Sat. hit Niagra Falls for a few quick pictures, then it's off to DUFF's for the best wings! Then hotel for a swim!

My turn to pick this year, so GB it was. For Buffalo, 39F was balmy! There were a lot of GB fans their, almost as many as Pat fans when Buffalo plays NE, and most of NE is so much closer than GB. Orton is horrible. Their O is not even mediocre. Their D is solid and and they caught Rogers on a down weeks after a great NE win. Nelson dropping that ball sure did look like a blown coverage and a sure 6.

When you think about it, great first ever football game for my boys to see. How often do you get to see a punt return for TD; blocked field goal; and safety to end the game!

I will certainly hand it to Buffalo's defense, they stymied the Packers offense.

I know that all the talking heads are harping on the fact that GB can't win on the road, but if they only make it in as a 5 or 6 seed the road game options are likely Dallas and Carolina/Atlanta. If they end up as the #5, they've already beat both Carolina and Atlanta, albeit in Green Bay. And they've proven that they can go into Dallas and win there, too.

If they win the division, they're likely the #2 with Arizona at the #1. This is even better than the #5 scenario.

the Bills beat the packers. if the packers make the superbowl, expect New England or Denver to study this defeat on tape like crazy.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
the Bills beat the packers. if the packers make the superbowl, expect New England or Denver to study this defeat on tape like crazy.

I agree they will be studying the tape...but this game was more than the Bill's D taking care of business, which they did! Rogers was not sharp, he had many a pass thrown behind receivers and for a guy who had IIRC 3 picks all season, to throw a possible 3 in this game (1 dropepd that should have been 6 for Bill's; other 2 are arguable) he wasn't on his game.

Just an opinion, and I'm not taking away from Bill's D, but there was a let down by GB after kicking NE [censored] the week before.

^^^BISCUT, I wouldnt call a score of 26-21 as a "butt kicking" especially when the game being at Lambeau. In the second half the Patriots held Aaron Rodgers to 4 field goals. I'm not a huge fan of Bill Belichick but he is the best in game adjustment coach. In the last three games the Patriots have allowed 0 touchdowns in the second half.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

I agree they will be studying the tape...but this game was more than the Bill's D taking care of business, which they did! Rogers was not sharp, he had many a pass thrown behind receivers and for a guy who had IIRC 3 picks all season, to throw a possible 3 in this game (1 dropepd that should have been 6 for Bill's; other 2 are arguable) he wasn't on his game.

Just an opinion, and I'm not taking away from Bill's D, but there was a let down by GB after kicking NE [censored] the week before.

You got that right...there was a lot more wrong with GBs offense in this game than just Buffalo's defense, and a lot of it had nothing to do with Buffalo's D...a lot of Rodgers' passes were way off the mark, and his receivers dropped 7 passes that were on the mark...pretty tough to win when playing like that...I think GB is in real trouble if/when they have to go on the road in the playoffs...they are not a good road team...

Originally Posted By: deven
^^^BISCUT, I wouldnt call a score of 26-21 as a "butt kicking" especially when the game being at Lambeau. In the second half the Patriots held Aaron Rodgers to 4 field goals. I'm not a huge fan of Bill Belichick but he is the best in game adjustment coach. In the last three games the Patriots have allowed 0 touchdowns in the second half.

GB left 19 points on the field in that game...the final score may have only been a 5 point spread, but the score was a lot closer than the actual game was...

Originally Posted By: grampi

GB left 19 points on the field in that game...the final score may have only been a 5 point spread, but the score was a lot closer than the actual game was...

That maybe but we cant play the what if game. From my account the Pats left at least 14 on the board. Gronk drop and Edelman hold that wasnt called.

Another snippet from Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston:

Green Bay point differential at home and away is highest in the league. At home they average 40 points and away they they score 22.5 points.
That Buffalo lose is bound to come back to haunt them if they have to go play Seattle or Arizona on their turf.

Another snippet from Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston:

Green Bay point differential at home and away is highest in the league. At home they average 40 points and away they they score 22.5 points.
That Buffalo lose is bound to come back to haunt them if they have to go play Seattle or Arizona on their turf.

I don't believe GB would have any trouble in ARZ (mainly cuz ARZ is down to a 4th string QB now), but I don't think GB can win in SEA...

That maybe but we cant play the what if game. From my account the Pats left at least 14 on the board. Gronk drop and Edelman hold that wasnt called.

Siting non-called penalties as for-certain points is a reach...

Well, at least GB is traveling to Tampa this Sunday. I think this will be a timely bounce back win on the road before hosting Detroit for the division title. Maybe if they were able to win in Buffalo, I'd call the Tampa game a trap game but that's not the case anymore.

Winning a road game going away and then beating a division opponent at home to seal up the #2 or 3 spot will be a nice little run going into the post season. I just hope that ARI can hold off SEA for the top spot so GB doesn't have to play at SEA.

Siting non-called penalties as for-certain points is a reach...

Haha Grampi you calling the kettle black?. Every game has "points left on the field" You cant use that as an argument for a sound beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back