package oil change for a 2007 Nissan Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 CVT. The car has been driven 170000 miles and has had 3 owners.

I am planning on a basic overhaul of almost all consumables including the following

1. Engine Oil/ filter. (is 0w-40 Synth from Amsoil or Pennzoil good to keep the engine silent?)
2. Power Steering oil topup.
3. Air Filter
4. Fuel Filter (along with fuel injector cleaner)
5. Transmission oil (I have read many reports online of CVTs failing and needing rebuilds)
6. Sparkplugs (only if needed)
7. Brake oil and Brake pads.
8. Coolant topup.
9. Cabin filter replacement (is there one on this car?)

What is the estimate cost for all the nine things? Also which recommended engine oil will help keep the noise low? I am leaning towards Amsoil or Pennzoil but I am open to all brands. Can pepboys, o'reillys or any other chain do a competent job for a good price?

Since you are in India, I suggest that you get the estimate quote locally since prices are different between the US and India and any other country.
Even in the US, the different cities will have different prices.
A lot of people here in the US likes to DIY (Do it Yourself) while that may not make sense in India with cheaper labor cost.

Last edited:
Your profile says you're in India and the oils you list in your signature aren't familiar to me, but you ask about American-based companies so I'll presume you are in the US.

First, O'Reillys doesn't do service work, they just sell stuff. PepBoys does both.

Second, a number of the things you list can be done by 90% of people. I understand some people don't have the right tools, a jack/lift, a location, etc to do jobs like oil changes, transmission fluid replacement, etc too. Things like replacing the air filter, cabin air filter, fluid top-ups are really, really simple and in many cases the only tool needed is a screwdriver.

Oil and filter change - you specify wanting to use certain brands of oil and with most shops, you get what they stock. Some will use Penzoil but almost none will stock or use Amsoil. Some will allow you to supply your own oil (and filter) and just charge for the 'labor'.
Brakes ? Do they need replaced ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back