P0121 TPS pending code and losing 12V low reference ground to ECM. lntermittent high ldle and late shift issue.

Has anyone tried any of these solder/crimp/seal deal things I've seen a lot of these days?

1699918935336.jpg

Decided to just go with the LKQ 2nd hand PCM for now at least. $45.00 picking it up tomorrow!
I'll open this one once the new one is installed and get some pictures.
Guess I could have done that first, as suggested. :p
Don't know if any of you all have delt with LKQ, but IME they are A top notch outfit!!!!!
cool, I hope it works out, be interesting to see the "new" one.. Hopefully it doesn't have age-related problems because then you could be running into the same issues you have now.. but ya keep us updated..

cool, I hope it works out, be interesting to see the "new" one.. Hopefully it doesn't have age-related problems because then you could be running into the same issues you have now.. but ya keep us updated..
I know what you mean. Thanks, I will.

hey @mrbreezeet1!! I just realized something about your ECM.. Did you realize that you will have to re-program the LKQ computer with your VIN? Do you have a computer to do that? Otherwise it's going to be at least 1 hour of dealership labor hours to do that.. A lot more money than buying that remanufactured ECM that they put the VIN on for free. Not here to scare ya, just letting ya know.. Just hit me this morning with the thought.

No, I wish I had a Tech II or a Tech II clone.
The unit is $45.00, and they said If it doesn't plug and play, after possibly just needing the Passkey III – transponder ignition key 10 minute relearn, I was entitled to a 30-day full refund or exchange, basically no questions asked.
If all is well, Great! if not with-in one year, I was also entitled to a full refund or exchange.
He stated his computer system says it may need/will need dealership married to my BCM and VIN matched, but in real life on that part number, 9 times out of 10, it's plug and play, after a Passkey III – transponder ignition key relearn.
He didn't even need the number off of my computer.
He said that one computer fits about a million cars of that era.

EDIT To Add. Another garage said the same thing.
And TBH I could pay for a new PCM this month, but it would be close money wise. Spent too much on tools and parts and materials this and last month.
My "High Tech Red Neck" buddy gave me an all-in-one computer because him and his daughter and his side business partner couldn't get it to connect online to his WiFi. I think it just needs a network card.
Don't know if the all in one is bluetooth or not, (I'll connect to it with a windows 10 version of Torque Pro If it is}
Either way, the all in one is going in the garage.

Passlock and Passkey III – transponder ignition key reset.

Last edited:
Edited above
I actually have the Passkey III – transponder system, the chip is in the ignition KEY.
{Nice, as I can get 2 keys from Amazon, have the Mom and Pop hardware store in Ferry cut them both for $7.00, and go out to the parking lot and re-program my two new Amazon keys!
Same diff as Pass-Lock though.

The unit is $45.00, and they said If it doesn't plug and play, after possibly just needing the passlock 10 minute relearn, I was entitled to a 30-day full refund or exchange, basically no questions asked.
If all is well, Great! if not with-in one year, I was also entitled to a full refund or exchange.
He stated his computer system says it may need/will need dealership married to my BCM and VIN matched, but in real life on that part number, 9 times out of 10, it's plug and play.

And TBH I could pay for a new PCM this month, but it would be close money wise. Spent too much on tools and parts and materials this and last month.
My "High Tech Red Neck" buddy gave me an all-in-one computer because him and his daughter and his side business partner couldn't get it to connect online to his WiFi. I think it just needs a network card.
Don't know if the all in one is bluetooth or not, (I'll connect to it with a windows 10 version of Torque Pro If it is}

Passlock Reset.
oh I knew money was tight, it is for me too. I just didn't want you wasting your money or time. Sounds like the situation is going to be work out well for you, that's awesome! And a year exchange/full refund is NOT bad at all! ok good, it just hit me about the vin matching craziness. I know with my friend's Rogue they had to do that when the relay box (oh sorry, nissan calls it the IPDM = Integrated Power Distribution Model, lol) went bye bye, had to re-program a used one. meaning going to the dealer's special nissan only software to reprogram the VIN. And just a side note, the main relays in a newer Nissan are hard wired (direct soldered) to the relay box! are you kidding me?! Every other car I've seen you can remove and replace each relay.. And a new relay box? $700+.. Ya I don't recommend nissans to anyone!

So that's how it hit me about your ECM. oh so it's all about the immobilzer key on yours.. glad to hear it's going to be painless.. cool

about the all-in-one computer.. could just be a driver issue of why the wifi isn't working, or it's turned off in the BIOS! seen that before. glad to hear you got a cool computer to use in the garage.:geek:

Researcher I'm going to have to send you a DM sometime just to shoot the breeze a little bit.

oh I knew money was tight, it is for me too. I just didn't want you wasting your money or time. Sounds like the situation is going to be work out well for you, that's awesome! And a year exchange/full refund is NOT bad at all! ok good, it just hit me about the vin matching craziness. I know with my friend's Rogue they had to do that when the relay box (oh sorry, nissan calls it the IPDM = Integrated Power Distribution Model, lol) went bye bye, had to re-program a used one. meaning going to the dealer's special nissan only software to reprogram the VIN. And just a side note, the main relays in a newer Nissan are hard wired (direct soldered) to the relay box! are you kidding me?! Every other car I've seen you can remove and replace each relay.. And a new relay box? $700+.. Ya I don't recommend nissans to anyone!

So that's how it hit me about your ECM. oh so it's all about the immobilzer key on yours.. glad to hear it's going to be painless.. cool

about the all-in-one computer.. could just be a driver issue of why the wifi isn't working, or it's turned off in the BIOS! seen that before. glad to hear you got a cool computer to use in the garage.:geek:
Yeah I almost figured with everything that he said as far as being plugged and play nine times out of 10, and you know with the exchange program 30-day no questions asked one year refund or money back I mean you almost can't beat it with a stick. All I would actually lose would be a little bit more time and I have more time than money these days LMAO.
That's always been one of my expressions..... "well it depends whether you have more time or money"? 😆

Well that is like the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero I had nice car hands down nicer than the w body, w body store wonderful car now don't get me wrong.
I felt that the Oldsmobile Alero what is that I think it's a g body? Anyways I think the Oldsmobile Alero (g body I believe) was just a little bit more refined than the w body. But don't get me wrong I love this car.
And everybody says three 3.1 is a throwaway motor but I'll tell you what with 108,000 on this one, she runs like a top and runs out!
Sorry I kind of got off there but anyways yeah I messed up my CD player long story it was my stupid fault but anyways I got me one out of a junkyard cheap a Pick-n-Pull junkyard we have, yeah $25 for the radio and $50 for them to program it and that was with cutting me a break! Every time you put a different radio in that car it had to get it married to your BCM on a tech 2.
No other way around it. Let me retract that. I think if you're like a sort of a" pirate, hacker, techno geek" 🤓 kind of guy, you can go in and hack that radio in other words unlock it and it'll be plug and Play for any others G body, or Grand am whatever else fits it.

The unit is $45.00, and they said If it doesn't plug and play, after possibly just needing the Passkey III – transponder ignition key 10 minute relearn, I was entitled to a 30-day full refund or exchange, basically no questions asked.
He stated his computer system says it may need/will need dealership married to my BCM and VIN matched, but in real life on that part number, 9 times out of 10, it's plug and play, after a Passkey III – transponder ignition key relearn.

Passlock and Passkey III – transponder ignition key reset.
If you didn't guess by now, he's really not "high tech"
He might be part redneck though.
(Hi-Tech redneck, I think that was a George Jones song if I remember right rest in peace Possum 😢

Yep power distribution center Port fuse box part computer box brain PCM ECM ibcm whatever else they want to call it fancy fancy acronyms 😂.
Same way on a lot of the Chrysler products you had to have the dealership flash that integrated fuse box.
We had one down there at the highway department Mopar truck I forget the year 05? 02-05 ram maybe ?anyways, we lost the turn signal on one side no one corner not the whole side turned out to be that darn fuse box computer jobber do.

Well that is like the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero I had nice car hands down nicer than the w body, w body store wonderful car now don't get me wrong.
I felt that the Oldsmobile Alero what is that I think it's a g body? Anyways I think the Oldsmobile Alero (g body I believe) was just a little bit more refined than the w body. But don't get me wrong I love this car.
And everybody says three 3.1 is a throwaway motor but I'll tell you what with 108,000 on this one, she runs like a top and runs out!
Sorry I kind of got off there but anyways yeah I messed up my CD player long story it was my stupid fault but anyways I got me one out of a junkyard cheap a Pick-n-Pull junkyard we have, yeah $25 for the radio and $50 for them to program it and that was with cutting me a break! Every time you put a different radio in that car it had to get it married to your BCM on a tech 2.
No other way around it. Let me retract that. I think if you're like a sort of a" pirate, hacker, techno geek" 🤓 kind of guy, you can go in and hack that radio in other words unlock it and it'll be plug and Play for any others G body, or Grand am whatever else fits it.
ya I remember the alero, it was nice.. I think most engines are decent lately, if they are taken care of. Once in awhile no matter the manufacturer you can get a lemon, even Toyota! So they've been marrying even teh radio to the ecm/bcm?! Heck.. I'll take my Toyota and Honda any day, it's plug and play, except for the anti-theft code.. but wow.. I do have a story, had to replace the cassette player on the civic, they separated them for theft in 96. Wanted a CD player instead, got one at a junkyard in perfect shape.. $25! new was like $200+ I kept the main radio/headunit because it ties the keyless entry into the system.

Yep power distribution center Port fuse box part computer box brain PCM ECM ibcm whatever else they want to call it fancy fancy acronyms 😂.
Same way on a lot of the Chrysler products you had to have the dealership flash that integrated fuse box.
We had one down there at the highway department Mopar truck I forget the year 05? 02-05 ram maybe ?anyways, we lost the turn signal on one side no one corner not the whole side turned out to be that darn fuse box computer jobber do.
this integration is getting ridiculous, talk about putting all your eggs in one basket. ya fancy acronyms.. did Chrysler also hard wire all their relays into the box?

Oh yeah, Good call!! B-4 I buy a Network card or actually IDK if it has slots for a board of choice, as his actually used a USB driven network adapter.
Actually, a year or more ago, when he lost his WiFi I had him looking in the control panel, well over the phone} but IDK if he didn't read it right, of if there really wasn't any caution flags/Icons beside his adaptor driver status.

Back