P0121 TPS pending code and losing 12V low reference ground to ECM. lntermittent high ldle and late shift issue.

Well'p I best be getting to moving my tail a bit here. Will of course up-date.
No! a Buck-45 for a new one with L-T warranty, you can't beat either.
I'm looking to drive the wheels off of this one.

From what I saw reman/refurb, the new one was double the price at Rockauto. This needs the VIN programmed into it, so that's on top of the price + core + programming. Price+core was like $320 at Rockauto for brand new.

well there goes the day.. goofing around up-stairs!! lol

yup check the fuses, but when ya get around to it, be interesting to see the physical insides of the ECM.
Oh, I will.

From what I saw reman/refurb, the new one was double the price at Rockauto. This needs the VIN programmed into it, so that's on top of the price + core + programming. Price+core was like $320 at Rockauto for brand new.

well there goes the day.. goofing around up-stairs!! lol

yup check the fuses, but when ya get around to it, be interesting to see the physical insides of the ECM.
Yeah, hopefully it has a relay flopping around in the breeze too :D:D

Well'p I best be getting to moving my tail a bit here. Will of course up-date.
No! a Buck-45 for a new one with L-T warranty, you can't beat either.
I'm looking to drive the wheels off of this one.
and I did do a quick search for reviews of the mintt company, trustpilot (the quick look I did) had reviews that looked decent. And $145 for a reman/refub and Lifetime warranty like you said, I didn't think that was a bad deal either!! ok sounds good, update when ya can.. Glad this problem is finally getting fixed! very cool..

ECM fuse in glove compartment is OK.
Had some errands to run, got dark on me, didn't check fuses under the hood yet.

Working on my one piece non splice wire harness too! Going to re-pin at the ECM too!
Those terminals, in the TPS Plug and In the ECM plugs, can I solder the wire to the connector if I have trouble crimping them?
TPZ Wirre.jpg

Working on my one piece non splice wire harness too! Going to re-pin at the ECM too!
Those terminals, in the TPS Plug and In the ECM plugs, can I solder the wire to the connector if I have trouble crimping them?
View attachment 186934
I would say soldering with the western loop type splice would be perfect! Don't forget some heat shrink tubing or at least electrical tape, but you know that already (saying it for anyone reading this that doesn't know). I've crimped audio connectors before and no problems. But for something like yours, soldering would be best. And I see you're using the wire I suggested, awesome! How are you liking that quality?

I would say soldering with the western loop type splice would be perfect! *Don't forget some heat shrink tubing or at least electrical tape* but you know that already (saying it for anyone reading this that doesn't know). I've crimped audio connectors before and no problems. But for something like yours, soldering would be best. And I see you're using the wire I suggested, awesome! How are you liking that quality?
Love it! I split some for the Blue wiper terminal wire circuit, It's a Black wire with a red trace now!
*OK, I will*!

I got crimpers too, Maybe I'll try crimping.
They are so Darn Tiny though. Need strong reading glasses.

I need one of these jobber-do's! LOL :geek: :eek:😂😂:LOL::LOL: I'm like Helen Keller anymore.
No, she wouldn't have as much trouble as I do sometimes:p
Clipboard01 light.jpg

I need one of these jobber-do's! LOL :geek: :eek:😂😂:LOL::LOL: I'm like Helen Keller anymore.
No, she wouldn't have as much trouble as I do sometimes:pView attachment 186972
lol.. hey I have one of those! Bought it at Harbor Freight.. yup was about $10.. looks like they lowered the price $8.99! https://www.harborfreight.com/jumbo...d-lights-65779.html?_br_psugg_q=helping+hands
Love it! I split some for the Blue wiper terminal wire circuit, It's a Black wire with a red trace now!
*OK, I will*!

I got crimpers too, Maybe I'll try crimping.
They are so Darn Tiny though. Need strong reading glasses.

glad to hear the wiring is working out.. nicer to work with better quality products! Nothing more frustrating that trying to a job with junk quality parts or tools!

oh you were talking about reading glasses.. I got this headset magnifying glasses with light (I look like a real dork wearing it! lol :geek:) but it was awesome doing soldering work on the Civic's ecu just recently.. what I loved was both eyes got magnification not just one eye like some, so that way I had complete depth perception. And was awesome NOT to get near the lead vapor from the solder! check out the headset!
even has a two step brightness LED light, sucker works well!

and for the endless soldering vapors when I replaced all the capacitors on the ecu, got a small vapor extractor, that worked too! I replaced all the caps because they were older than 20 years, the electrolytics don't last forever.
here's the vapor extractor.. there was a black colored one and blue.. same thing, blue was cheaper! bought the blue one!

Wow Nice, I'll check it out! I have this one coming, $3.00 cheaper than Amazon at Walmart and free shipping.

1699246998736.jpg

Do you happen to know what tool I need to release the TPS terminal out of the plastic 3-way plug?
I know it's like a thin steel tube, could even make one on the lathe if I knew the dimensions?

Wow Nice, I'll check it out! I have this one coming, $3.00 cheaper than Amazon at Walmart and free shipping.

View attachment 187026

Do you happen to know what tool I need to release the TPS terminal out of the plastic 3-way plug?
I know it's like a thin steel tube, could even make one on the lathe if I knew the dimensions?
nice helping hands, always nice to get it cheaper! glad to share the other magnifying set with ya too.

and looks like you found the pin removal tool, usually one of those precision small screw drivers can do the same thing to lift up the connecting pin to have it come out of the plastic connector housing.

nice helping hands, always nice to get it cheaper! glad to share the other magnifying set with ya too.

and looks like you found the pin removal tool, usually one of those precision small screw drivers can do the same thing to lift up the connecting pin to have it come out of the plastic connector housing.
That One Piece Harness manufacturing sideline of mine ls on a back burner ATM.
Till my Helping hands gets here, and the release tool. And I have to figure out just how those terminals lock into the plastic plug, instead of my 1 out of 4 chance lol... The orientation that is, the terminal relative to the opening in the plug.
I did do a few crimps I was happy with, albeit I'm not an expert at it.
Yeah, WRT to pin removal tool, I'm looking at the Lisle, again, cheaper by the dozen, oh no, I think that was Doris Day and the big "Please don't eat the daises" dog or some nonsense....................LOL.
Cheaper at Walmart that is.
Did you and everyone see the zip tie cutters I linked to in the tool time section?
About $22.00 at Amazon, $14.00 at Walmart. Fine made in Japan tool! Someone seen it, It's sold out ATM!
But sometimes you need to add something else household Items or what have you to get free shipping. BTY shipping is/was free on the Lisle terminal tool. Ships and sold by National tool warehouse. They usually are a solid company, with good prices.
Link to Lisle terminal tool,

I'm making one just for S&G's!
This should be good. 2mm X 4mm stainless. I can reduce the OD if need be, and increase the ID if need be.
It's only a few bucks too. I make my own tools for S&G's sometimes.

That One Piece Harness manufacturing sideline of mine ls on a back burner ATM.
Till my Helping hands gets here, and the release tool. And I have to figure out just how those terminals lock into the plastic plug, instead of my 1 out of 4 chance lol... The orientation that is, the terminal relative to the opening in the plug.
I did do a few crimps I was happy with, albeit I'm not an expert at it.
Yeah, WRT to pin removal tool, I'm looking at the Lisle, again, cheaper by the dozen, oh no, I think that was Doris Day and the big "Please don't eat the daises" dog or some nonsense....................LOL.
Cheaper at Walmart that is.
Did you and everyone see the zip tie cutters I linked to in the tool time section?
About $22.00 at Amazon, $14.00 at Walmart. Fine made in Japan tool! Someone seen it, It's sold out ATM!
But sometimes you need to add something else household Items or what have you to get free shipping. BTY shipping is/was free on the Lisle terminal tool. Ships and sold by National tool warehouse. They usually are a solid company, with good prices.
Link to Lisle terminal tool,
ya I didn't get a chance to comment on those knipex zip tie cutters, but nice!! I actually got a tool from Harbor Freight that is a zip tie cutter, it helps zip the tie down, then cuts off the tail. It's all metal construction.. I'll go find the link.. Seems we both are getting the same tools!

problem is, it was NOT $20 back when I got it last year.. was more like $10-12.. And I did get a nice Husky set a couple years ago, had wide mouth adjustable pliers, regular pliers, needle nose and wire/tie cutters on it.. Haven't seen that set back around Christmas time at Home Depot.. They always have these crazy sets on special around the holidays.

That Lisle terminal tool is awesome! That way it can handle all sorts of terminals. I know what you mean, I thought about it again and the way the terminals attach on a GM might be different than Honda. So I need to take back the part about the precision screwdriver for the terminals.. doh! That works for the Honda, but that Lisle is perfect. and ya if you get get free shipping, even better!

EDIT: not sure if you bought it already.. but found that same Lisle terminal tool at amazon from same seller.. for $2 cheaper.. odd, but there it is..
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/dp/B0009OR906

Oh l saw him on Amazon and he was a few dollars more than Walmart.
Yeah, I did buy it from Walmart.
Yeah I released them on my Sportster's tail lights with a real sharp short pair of machinist dividers.
That Zip tie tool looks cool. I've seen ones like it before.
Those wires, I'm just going to western union splice/solder/shrink, at both ends, with the kind with the glue in them for now, like you said to do.
Good enough, I need to get moving on this a little bit.
Walmart AI must be monkeying with the prices. Amazon does that all the time too!
See, they changed the link and the seller or something. I paid $11.16 with free shipping.
This one now it takes you to is $15.63 and $8.00 shipping.
And Amazon is $13.46.
Lisle 56500 2.jpgLisle 56500.jpg

Last edited:
Oh l saw him on Amazon and he was a few dollars more than Walmart.
Yeah, I did buy it from Walmart.
Yeah I released them on my Sportster's tail lights with a real sharp short pair of machinist dividers.
That Zip tie tool looks cool. I've seen ones like it before.
Those wires, I'm just going to western union splice/solder/shrink, at both ends, with the kind with the glue in them for now, good enough, I need to get moving on this a little bit.
Walmart AI must be monkeying with the prices. Amazon does that all the time too!
See, they changed the link and the seller or something. I paid $11.16 with free shipping.
This one now it takes you to is $15.63 and $8.00 shipping.
And Amazon is $13.46.
View attachment 187175View attachment 187176
oh wow so algorithm stuff is at work at walmart too, good to know. Glad you got it for the cheapest price! :D good news! I never realized they had a tool like that until you mentioned it. That's another reason why I enjoy this forum, learning new stuff all the time and finding awesome DIY tools! Now you got me looking into terminal release tools like this for my toyota (scion), eventually going to have to de-pin and replace the ignition coil pack connectors, they're known to crack. I already have the replacements just waiting for mine to go bad, now I'll get this tool and be ready! Found a lot of tools like that on amazon, going to have to see what's compatible with Toyota. so thanks for mentioning it! (y)

about the wiring, sounds like it will be good when you're done..also.. be interesting to see what's in there..when you're able to get pictures of the board on the ECM.

oh wow so algorithm stuff is at work at walmart too, good to know. Glad you got it for the cheapest price! :D good news! I never realized they had a tool like that until you mentioned it. That's another reason why I enjoy this forum, learning new stuff all the time and finding awesome DIY tools! Now you got me looking into terminal release tools like this for my toyota (scion), eventually going to have to de-pin and replace the ignition coil pack connectors, they're known to crack. I already have the replacements just waiting for mine to go bad, now I'll get this tool and be ready! Found a lot of tools like that on amazon, going to have to see what's compatible with Toyota. so thanks for mentioning it! (y)

about the wiring, sounds like it will be good when you're done..also.. be interesting to see what's in there..when you're able to get pictures of the board on the ECM.(y)(y)(y)(y)
Yeah it must be everywhere.

Back