p0101 MAF out of range, then pending p0171 lean code

Specifically, I got a CEL for the p0101 code (only code at the time), then I cleared it. A little later, the p0101 code was still gone, but I had a pending p0171 code. I cleared that and they both stayed off for about 30 minutes until I got home. I'm leaning toward replacing the MAF because my fuel trims are all over the place, sometimes +12% total, sometimes 0% (all checked at idle.) I'm 99% sure there are no vacuum leaks as I successfully addressed that recently. I've cleaned the MAF a few times and the rubber o ring is split, but it seems to be in there good and snug. It wouldn't break me to buy a $100 MAF sensor, but is there anything else I should check out first? Thanks in advance, Jonas

Specifically, I got a CEL for the p0101 code (only code at the time), then I cleared it. A little later, the p0101 code was still gone, but I had a pending p0171 code. I cleared that and they both stayed off for about 30 minutes until I got home. I'm leaning toward replacing the MAF because my fuel trims are all over the place, sometimes +12% total, sometimes 0% (all checked at idle.) I'm 99% sure there are no vacuum leaks as I successfully addressed that recently. I've cleaned the MAF a few times and the rubber o ring is split, but it seems to be in there good and snug. It wouldn't break me to buy a $100 MAF sensor, but is there anything else I should check out first? Thanks in advance, Jonas
Also, the car still ran as usual, except it almost died at a stop light just once.

Key on engine not running the reading should be steady at or close to zero. I think the P0101 indicates a problem detected with the zero point.

Back