P&S Wire Wheel Cleaner

Before/After pictures are below. Supposedly this was 6 months (4K) of not washing the wheels. This vehicle is equipped with Brembo brakes that are using Genuine Subaru Brembo pads.

Two applications of P&S Wire Wheel Cleaner with light agitation of the faces using a boar hair wheel brush. The barrels were not agitated - only wheel cleaner was sprayed onto them. No pressure washer was used.

I was extremely impressed by the results. This product makes Meguiars Wheel Brightener feel very weak in comparison. Definitely wear appropriate hand and respiratory protection while using this product.

SDS: https://psdetailproducts.com/file/6973-SDS+Wire+Wheel+Clnr+-+N15.bin

Attachments

• 589BA138-D5A2-4CED-8D24-B5931C00D9BE.jpeg
    589BA138-D5A2-4CED-8D24-B5931C00D9BE.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 86C5F1E7-8660-4BEB-A69D-8CA9E5AA9F95.jpeg
    86C5F1E7-8660-4BEB-A69D-8CA9E5AA9F95.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Very nice! I'll give some a try. Right now I have NanoSkin Speedy Brite, NanoSkin Non Acid, P&S Brake Buster, and Superior Products Rage.

The NanoSkin products are my favorite,followed by Rage and Brake Buster.

Do you dilute this product or follow it up with Brake Buster to neutralize the acid?

Very nice! I'll give some a try. Right now I have NanoSkin Speedy Brite, NanoSkin Non Acid, P&S Brake Buster, and Superior Products Rage.

The NanoSkin products are my favorite,followed by Rage and Brake Buster.

Do you dilute this product or follow it up with Brake Buster to neutralize the acid?
I use it full strength. After cleaning the wheels, I will use degreaser for the tires and resoak the wheels with degreaser to neutralize.

Do you have a picture of the back label with the instructions on how to use this product?
It still exists - I think it is just too hazardous to ship, so it is only available from their authorized dealers. If you have an O'Reilly's near by, I would check out this alternative:

It works similarly and is significantly less expensive. I have been using it 1:1 or full strength, but only on cool wheels and not allowing it to dwell for more than 30 seconds.

All the acid based wheel cleaners seem to work pretty well with minimal effort, but one must be careful with uncoated aluminum wheels or those with a worn coating. It will etch them...

Back