How to Clean Mild-Moderately Dirty Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO purdy them wheels.
crazy2.gif

Very good cleaning method here! I'll only add, don't forget to wipe off any tire dressing you may have gotten on the edge of the rim when applying...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Very good cleaning method here! I'll only add, don't forget to wipe off any tire dressing you may have gotten on the edge of the rim when applying...

Read step 8.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: grampi

Read step 8.
wink.gif

Oops, my bad!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
I very much approve of cleaning the inside of the rear fenders. I've noticed that many vehicles (half ton trucks especially) rust out there. Preventable in my opinion. But maybe not if you only roll through a car wash or strictly use only a wand wash.

I wash that area at the same time as I'm hosing off the underside, hosing out the under-body clean outs, etc. It's amazing what c**p comes out of there. I use a pail, brushes and cloths whenever possible.

+1 to this. Although I routinely point the hose up under the lip of the fear fenders, I still occasionally get an old rag with car soap and clean out that lip. A lot of dirt and grime can accumulate under there especially after a winter storm. I also give the undercarriage a good hosing after winter storms. You may get a little wet but it is worth it to get that salt off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back