Oversize oil filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIX 51773 6.9" long
Baldwin BT-253 7.1" long
HASTINGS LF426 7.1" long

Look for a filter that fits the Ford 600-800 series trucks.

There is no bt253 baldwin, I think you may have meant a bt251. Bt251 has teh 3/4-16 ford/mopar threads with teh right gasket. Also, is 7.1 inches tall. Big filter, almost holds two quarts.

Not trying to be a twit, just dont want anyone to get wrong info and cause them a problem.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by aldive:
Are there any oversize oil filters available that are M1-301 size?

Thanks in advance.

any Ford 302 or 351 filter is the Mobil 1 -301 part number...Wix 51515 to name one...there are lots for this part number.

Dan,
Thanks for the correction!
Somehow I wrote down 253 in my notes instead of 251.

Also, the Motorcraft FL-299 fit's in to the category of "long" filters.

Further to Greaser's reply in regards to the Ford 302 ci filters - I got Acklands-Grainger in Oshawa, to order me half a dozen Baldwin B2HPG(High Performance Glass) filters. They're $10 and change each, plus tax, Cdn. According to a Baldwin Tech. Rep. this filter is supposed to filter down to 6 microns. Filter length is 5 inches however, not 7.

Sorry aldive, I just noticed you're in Fla. I mistakenly picked up on Greaser's, Windsor location and figured the Acklands-Grainger connection would be of some use, you know, being Canadian and all. Some of us get smarter as we age and some of us just get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back