Out with the Deere Easy Change System, with pics.

Finally got around to converting the JD EZ change on E120. Even though I 'thought' I planned for it, still messy. I was glad to see I could use the longer Napa Gold 1348 (3614/10241) I had stashed, rather than OPE filter. Even with side cover plate, plenty of room. On the minus side square drain plug was a problem. In a difficult spot, luckily a yt vid said to use 1/2" to 3/8" socket adapter which I had with an extension. If interested, link is to EZ Change filter c&p I did. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/john-deere-easy-change-cut-open.345433/

C695JZjl.jpg

YMjVAKSl.jpg

Oil Filter Adapter.
kX6gZXGl.jpg

YFKjQ19l.jpg

1vN0TAIl.jpg

nXDg8QPl.jpg

7yNzQe5l.jpg

Xk2Armjl.jpg

This is the first thing that should be done after purchasing a mower with the EZ Change System.
I'd say after the first ~50hrs/1year (OM recs), it is the best thing to do. That includes the cost (looks like ~$55 now), that it only changes ~25oz of oil, and the waste with the EZ change filter (with oil) disposal itself. I hope diy people aren't just throwing it in the trash without draining the oil by puncturing holes in the dome. So yeah, I agree.
That is probably the biggest racket Deere ever came up with.....
As mentioned in linked c&p best line I read about it, 'some EZ change for JD.'

I hope diy people aren't just throwing it in the trash without draining the oil by puncturing holes in the dome. So yeah, I agree.

I have no proof but considering the lack of mechanical know-how user that the EZ change system is designed for, I would fully expect them to be just tossing it in the trash. Unfortunately.

Back