Our New Model 3

Picked this girl up today. Special thanks go out to @JeffKeryk & @Cujet for pushing me to order the Performance variant a few months ago when I was deliberating. :ROFLMAO:

PXL_20220524_222555301.jpg

Do yourself a favor, don't watch the Youtube video of Engineering Excellence of the aftermath of his Tesla hitting a pothole.

Now I'm jealous... But then again wifey is saving $50 or so per week driving our 3 to work over our beloved TSX.
What's the lead time getting a Model 3 Performance in VA?
Oh yeah, have fun with the go pedal in that silent missile... Take unsuspecting people for a spin.
Enjoy your beautiful Tesla!
IMG_20191231_140403.jpg

We have a blue, base model 3. It's not perfect but it is very good. It replaced an older BMW 528i with the M-sport package. We've had it almost a year and we like it a lot.

We have a level 2 charging unit in our garage. It starts every morning with an 80% charge.

I installed a 6-50 outlet in my detached garage last night. I bought the Tesla adapter bundle a few weeks back, so I'm just using that with the mobile charger. It's charging at 32A as I type this.

Now I'm jealous... But then again wifey is saving $50 or so per week driving our 3 to work over our beloved TSX.
What's the lead time getting a Model 3 Performance in VA?
Oh yeah, have fun with the go pedal in that silent missile... Take unsuspecting people for a spin.
Enjoy your beautiful Tesla!

Thanks, Jeff. Enjoying it so far! Hoping my wife can keep from getting a ticket. Her smile is bigger than mine when she's behind the wheel.

We ordered it on March 5. So, a little over two months. Not bad, considering the current state of the world.

I'll still be driving my TSX for the most part. I'm at 296k. I joke that my wife's cars in the fleet are our 2022 Yukon XL and the M3P. Mine are the 2006 TSX with 296k miles and the 2005 4Runner with 150k. :ROFLMAO: She's a stay at home (schooling) mom.

Last edited:
With the craters and massive raised castings here I feel them with the 245/65r17 toyo AT's

In the jeep yesterday
I missed a 4" raised casting on wet black asphalt.. seems criminal to leave the road this way for weeks
and not even spray paint them orange etc.
WAAAAHHHAMMMMMM. about lost a filling.

2 bent wheels(inner lip) on elantra now(not from that road).. doesnt seem to make it wobble so not fixing.

This isnt even a bad part of ohio.. some places it looks 3rd world country.. complete with bomb craters. (E. liverpool area too)

I have my fingers crossed for an ~85kwh Ultium-based Chevy Malibu or Honda Accord competitor to the Model 3 LR AWD. Similar or better range, but for $35k-$40k instead of $55k.

My little sister has a Tesla model 3 and her husband has a newer Tesla too. They are very nice cars and the OP's car looks great. I really like the color. He let me hit the electric pedal (gas pedal) on his 2022 Tesla and I was surprised at the quick acceleration. I missed the noise of an internal combustion engine and the quick shifts non the less it was impressive. Congrats OP!

I installed a 6-50 outlet in my detached garage last night. I bought the Tesla adapter bundle a few weeks back, so I'm just using that with the mobile charger. It's charging at 32A as I type this.

That's a great choice, and a pretty epic sports car. I'd love to own that car! What's really remarkable is that the Model 3 performance beats the C7 Corvette, due to the launch, and matches the trap speed perfectly. The C8 is a touch faster off the line (believe it or not) but is not a more powerful car overall than the C7, with very similar real world trap speeds.

In other words, the Model 3 performance, C7 and C8 all run about 117mph trap speeds. Flat out amazing.

I get to drive these things regularly, and I'm always smiling when passing slowpoke people.

PS, don't drive that thing like grandma. Use the power!

How much does it cost to fully charge one of these beasts?
Depends on your source. We installed solar panels in 2018, so the cost is very low. Once we hit break even on the solar install cost, it is free. The more we use the EV instead of a gas car, the more the savings. Of course these cars are expensive...

Back