OTC Stinger 3 Ton Jack Stands, no good

The only problem with those styles is, where do you jack the car from so you can place the stand? Usually there is only one jack point at each corner. I've used this style if that is the case so they are one and the same place.

Some people use alternative locations other than the 4 corner “reinforced pinch weld” jack points. Some people are unwilling to use anything other than something printed in a manufacturers manual. Other people like to buy products that increase the number of jack-points available - jacking rails are popular amongst some Ford Mustang folks: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-ultra-lite-chassis-jacking-rails-15-16-all-555-5205.html

Some people use alternative locations other than the 4 corner “reinforced pinch weld” jack points. Some people are unwilling to use anything other than something printed in a manufacturers manual. Other people like to buy products that increase the number of jack-points available - jacking rails are popular amongst some Ford Mustang folks: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-ultra-lite-chassis-jacking-rails-15-16-all-555-5205.html
The pinch weld IS the jack point for many cars these days as printed in the owners manual. Never said you must jack there. They have dozens of adapters to fit many jack points. https://safejacks.com/search?type=product&q=18m

I would LOVE those safe-jack stands (Now made by a different company it seems). I was totally ready to drop the $300+ but they were like ~2" too short for my application (Toyota Tacoma, Off-Road)... Their web site says/said larger versions in the works, but its been 2yrs+ (Granted the RONA f'd that up I'm sure). Hopefully soon. Best case scenario; I'm in for 3 bills or less and they work on both my Tacoma and my wife Prius....

anyway; for the interim I built these, see thread and pictures below.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-safe-jack-rennstand-or-discount-code.716131/

img_0752-jpg.57697

I would LOVE those safe-jack stands (Now made by a different company it seems). I was totally ready to drop the $300+ but they were like ~2" too short for my application (Toyota Tacoma, Off-Road)... Their web site says/said larger versions in the works, but its been 2yrs+ (Granted the RONA f'd that up I'm sure). Hopefully soon. Best case scenario; I'm in for 3 bills or less and they work on both my Tacoma and my wife Prius....

anyway; for the interim I built these, see thread and pictures below.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-safe-jack-rennstand-or-discount-code.716131/

img_0752-jpg.57697
Who is making them now?
Do you happen to know where they are made?
Thank you

I prefer the all aluminum tube and pin design jack stands. There are no welds to fail. Mine are Torin Big Red branded but I think they all come from the same place.

Press Tube put one in their press and it held up to 12.5 tons before failure.

Who is making them now?
Do you happen to know where they are made?
Thank you

From Safejack web-site "Safe Jack no longer manufactures the Rennstand (PN 18M-RS3) due to a change in licensing agreement. The manufacturing, sales and product support has been moved to Rennstand Inc. The website is Rennstand.com

Rennstand.com: RennStand is manufactured in our in-house production facility, located in Central Florida. We use the highest quality domestic steel and components for each RennStand Jack Stand [the product looks exactly the same]

Sadly I see a noticeable price increase and shipping is no longer included with the price. Just priced a pair plus pads/adaptors for TWO different cars (Toyota/Subaru pinch weld + Generic frame mount); even with the June 10% off coupon; shipped price is $494.95 :oops: (+ VA %5 sales tax). I want to say that's about ~$150 more than the same package from Safejack (Pre-RONA). So, at this time; too rich for my blood, I'll stick with what I got; maybe if they come out with a XL version and price comes down a little I'll be in.

For What it's worth: Now in Stock! Use Coupon Code SUMMERLAUNCH for 10% Off Your Order Through 6/15/2022!

Last edited:
From Safejack web-site "Safe Jack no longer manufactures the Rennstand (PN 18M-RS3) due to a change in licensing agreement. The manufacturing, sales and product support has been moved to Rennstand Inc. The website is Rennstand.com

Rennstand.com: RennStand is manufactured in our in-house production facility, located in Central Florida. We use the highest quality domestic steel and components for each RennStand Jack Stand [the product looks exactly the same]

Sadly I see a noticeable price increase and shipping is no longer included with the price. Just priced a pair plus pads/adaptors for TWO different cars (Toyota/Subaru pinch weld + Generic frame mount); even with the June 10% off coupon; shipped price is $494.95 :oops: (+ VA %5 sales tax). I want to say that's about ~$150 more than the same package from Safejack (Pre-RONA). So, at this time; too rich for my blood, I'll stick with what I got; maybe if they come out with a XL version and price comes down a little I'll be in.

For What it's worth: Now in Stock! Use Coupon Code SUMMERLAUNCH for 10% Off Your Order Through 6/15/2022!
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.
I'm glad to hear that they are made in the USA, but that is quite the price jump for sure. Things sure have skyrocketed over the lately for some mysterious reason 🙄

I use a lot of jack stands all at the same time (projects in the middle), I just bought these out of necessity a few weeks ago, I needed a pair yesterday but Amazon had them on my door the next day.
After watching a few video's and reviews on Torin I was not impressed as these are made by Torin but the difference is huge, the welds are prefect, the pin actually catches a full tooth as well as blocking the handle. Excellent stands for $30.

I use a lot of jack stands all at the same time (projects in the middle), I just bought these out of necessity a few weeks ago, I needed a pair yesterday but Amazon had them on my door the next day.
After watching a few video's and reviews on Torin I was not impressed as these are made by Torin but the difference is huge, the welds are prefect, the pin actually catches a full tooth as well as blocking the handle. Excellent stands for $30.

They are not $30 any longer.

Since they are mostly china made, these are cheaper.

Last edited:
They are not $30 any longer.

Since they are mostly china made, these are cheaper.

I see that, can you believe it from June 4 to July 3 up almost $20. I am shocked. Thanks but no thanks on that HF craptastic junk, I had a one bad run in with those some years ago and it is not happening again.

When HF issued a recall on their jack stands I had a set of the 6 ton stands which were not part of the recall. A few months later they had another recall, my 6 ton stands weren't part of that either. I called HF corporate and was told I could return my 6 ton stands and get either cash or store credit. Cash is King so I took that. I bought US Jack 6 ton stands, they cost a lot more, but I wasn't going to gamble with my life after the second HF recall for jack stands.

I see that, can you believe it from June 4 to July 3 up almost $20. I am shocked. Thanks but no thanks on that HF craptastic junk, I had a one bad run in with those some years ago and it is not happening again.
You should really watch the review on youtube before you judge. The welds on the Daytona is much improved over the Pittsburgh brand. The locks are also good.

Which set of jack stands did you have and what happened?

Its called trust. I had one of theirs collapse but no matter no one was harmed, they recalled them once and then again. Put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig, if you like them you buy them but dont piss on my shoes and tell me its raining.

Back