O'Reilly MicroGuard Filters - MFG change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this mentioned on this board yet. If you use MicroGuard filters, please take note...

I was in my local O'Reilly auto parts store this afternoon, checking to see if they carried filters for my wife's '10 Corolla, when I noticed that most of the MicroGuard filter boxes looked different than normal. Upon further inspection, I also noticed that the part numbers had changed from purolator-type part numbers to fram-type numbers. I thought this was odd, so I pulled some of the newer boxes off the shelf and looked at the filters and guess what - they're FRAMs! Looks like the MicroGuard filters will no longer be manufactured by Purolator. (The Purolator-sourced filters are in the older style black and red striped boxes, the newer Fram-sourced filters are in a newer style box with more solid colors).

The air filters are also changing to Fram-type part numbers from Purolator-type numbers... not sure what this means - maybe the're changing suppliers on their air filters too?

I don't like this one bit...

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Haven't seen this mentioned on this board yet. If you use MicroGuard filters, please take note...

I was in my local O'Reilly auto parts store this afternoon, checking to see if they carried filters for my wife's '10 Corolla, when I noticed that most of the MicroGuard filter boxes looked different than normal. Upon further inspection, I also noticed that the part numbers had changed from purolator-type part numbers to fram-type numbers. I thought this was odd, so I pulled some of the newer boxes off the shelf and looked at the filters and guess what - they're FRAMs! Looks like the MicroGuard filters will no longer be manufactured by Purolator. (The Purolator-sourced filters are in the older style black and red striped boxes, the newer Fram-sourced filters are in a newer style box with more solid colors).

The air filters are also changing to Fram-type part numbers from Purolator-type numbers... not sure what this means - maybe the're changing suppliers on their air filters too?

I don't like this one bit...

Really? Wow, this is not good, this is not good.
33.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Upon further inspection, I also noticed that the part numbers had changed from purolator-type part numbers to fram-type numbers. I thought this was odd, so I pulled some of the newer boxes off the shelf and looked at the filters and guess what - they're FRAMs! Looks like the MicroGuard filters will no longer be manufactured by Purolator.

Looks like the MicroGuard brand jumped on the cheese wagon to try and save some money by going with FRAM.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Upon further inspection, I also noticed that the part numbers had changed from purolator-type part numbers to fram-type numbers. I thought this was odd, so I pulled some of the newer boxes off the shelf and looked at the filters and guess what - they're FRAMs! Looks like the MicroGuard filters will no longer be manufactured by Purolator.

Looks like the MicroGuard brand jumped on the cheese wagon to try and save some money by going with FRAM.
Oh come now, don't be such a stick in the mud, antediluvian, cynical, skeptic! Everyone knows that nothing bonds better to fiber media than a fiber endcap. We know this because it says so on the box , so it must be true, right? I didn't see any mention of how that might also apply to the metal centertube, but they must have just left that out.
whistle.gif

And, common sense should tell you that fiber is as, or more durable than metal and would cost the same to produce as the previous metal endcap design.

So there you have it, the new Microgard black can, the orange can clone is clearly the equal of, and/or improvement on, the previous Purolator made Microgard for the same price. What more can you ask?
21.gif

And, as SNL's John Lovitz' Tommy Flanagan would say, Yeahhhh! That's the ticket.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back