Ordering "Used-Like New" from Amazon

Has anyone else had a horrible time getting the correct item (tools) when ordering "Used-Like New" tools from Amazon recently?

I have made 5 orders of this, mostly Knipex Pliers (the SAME pliers, thinking they'd get it right eventually) and received different pliers other than what I ordered.

The last thing was a Klein Backpack instead of the 10" square tool tote.

BTW... my collection of Knipex pliers has grown exponentially because they tell me to "keep, donate or discard the item". I discard them to my toolbox.

This backpack is probably going to some young electrician/controls tech that I find worthy....

Have had probably 2 dozen Amazon Warehouse purchases. 3 or 4 either wrong item or not as described returns. I always check before buying something that seems overpriced. A recent Casio "Tough Solar" Watch purchase of a $38 analog model for $22. It was perfect. Probably returned because it wasn't very green.

I buy used whenever possible and have generally had good luck myself. However if you really need something in a time crunch or something to be right the first time new is for you..

Only had an issue once with AirPods that were clearly well used. I’ve ordered a few dozen times from Amazon warehouse. Lol but hey you are getting to keep the items so nice building the collection up.

I clicked on returns & orders and typed in warehouse deals in the orders search. 3 were good, 1 was a huge disappointment. I ordered a hand wind Hamilton watch that was broken on arrival.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 1.58.39 PM.jpeg

I have purchased refurbished items from Amazon. A Roku Pro soundbar to be exact, only to find it still had an issue when I hooked it up. Not too big a deal since I found out it was a bad optical cable and I had a spare. Saved a bunch of money though!

Lately Amazon is having a tough time getting the correct item to you even if it's brand new.
I have had to send 4 items back this year, whereas I have never had to send a SINGLE item back over the past 3 years

Honestly don't trust Amazon for the most part. Their very lenient return policy is pretty much a guarantee you can order new and still get used/like new. Seen it happen to family members on several occasions.

I love the used and open package items. Some include an Apple iphone case, Scotty rod holders, and a tonneau cover for my Ford truck. I couldn't even find any defects in the packaging. It's the refurbished items I tend to avoid. I received a total junk Ring doorbell camera that my son and I spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot only to determine it was defective. It's the hard items that can't be broken that are the best deals.

I imagine I've placed ~100 orders with AWD and had an issue with maybe 10% of them. They'll take it right back for a full refund so I don't care.

Once I ordered a single 30" push broom and got a HUGE box with two 30" push brooms, another two handles and some "floats" for laminate flooring glue.

As said, if it REALLY matters don't gamble on AWD, but if you can afford an occasional screw-up, go for it.

I'll order from the warehouse if they have what I want. It has been a mostly positive experience with a few hiccups. A locking mailbox with no key, 6 100w light bulbs that were 4 different brands (none of them the brand listed) that were all well used. I guess the inspectors were having a bad day. Returns are easy enough and the prices pretty good

I have been buying from Amz Whs for years. Prices have recently gotten pretty lousy and not worth it. Most times it's fine, you do get some mystery junk sometimes and it goes right back

Did any of you read my post???
Yep, you're receiving entirely different items than you ordered.

I have not experienced that personally with Warehouse Deals

I'm very sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I hope you feel better soon. :D

Yep, you're receiving entirely different items than you ordered.

I have not experienced that personally with Warehouse Deals

I'm very sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I hope you feel better soon. :D

I feel fine. I've ordered hundreds of "Used-like new" products from Amazon, AWD, whatever a nerd of the day calls it. I have, until the last 6 weeks, received the correct item, as described, in pretty much new condition, fully usable and I didn't care that the original packaging was damaged.

That's not what this thread is about. It's about ordering a specific product and getting something completely different. Multiple times for the same product, multiple times across category-specific products. Just mind boggling to me.

Back