Ordered some brakes/rotors for the Altima

I'll be selling/trading the Altima soon however, I still need some new brakes in the meantime. So, I prayed first! 🙏

I ordered some F & R brake pads & rotors for the Altima from RockAuto. I had an email from RA as to some closeout parts of all types for the 2015 Altima so I ordered all brake parts(pads/rotors only) for $128 which included shipping, tax & RA discount code#.

All pads(ceramic) came with the hardware and I was able to get everything through the same warehouse so the shipping was LE$$ however the shipping was still $28.

F: pads...Wagner QuickStop Ceramic
R: pads...Centric Post-Quiet Ceramic
F&R rotors are both RAYBESTOS R-Line
I've use these brand/parts at different times on different vehicles but IDK how they'll work on the '15 Altima in signature.

Also IDKwhat the Coefficient of Friction(CoF) of the brake pads are, since when bringing up the "INFO" for the parts, the closeup view didn't show any part# w/friction rating.(******-**** FF or GG). I do hope that they are all FF and not GG. As many of you seem to like a brake pad materials CoF of GG, I do not.

Not that there aren't CoF GG pad that would suit my liking for pad bite, I just have never had CoF of GG pads that I've liked and thus it would be hit/miss for me. GG pads require more pedal pressure and always feel like they're glazed. Maybe GG pads have a better hard/hot stop over FF but, I don't like their initial bite. So therefore, I stay with FF as I am never disappointed.

Wish me luck,

CB

Last edited:
Why is FF said to be better by some than GG?

I don't really understand the difference besides higher CoF

Most people wont even bother doing any of that when they are selling a car. All those are name brand parts so I wouldn't worry about a thing. Personally, I'd prefer to see the same brand on each part if it doesn't cost too much more, but that's just an ocd thing.

You did well with the brake parts purchase. Now get to work. Please post a few pics if possible; I am about to service the front brakes on a friend's high mileage 2015 Altima strippie. Note any issues... Thanks in advance.

Please post a few pics if possible;
How about a pic from my Jeep Patriot rear brake job from yesterday, LOL? Finished in record time of 4 hours, HaHa. I am slowest shadetree mechanic in the universe. However, look at the condition of my 10 year old brakes in the rust belt. Kind of a pay once/cry once regarding time commitment. A paper thin coating of moly paste on the hub keeps it rust free. Please forgive my short off topic diversion. .
1684771441320.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be selling/trading the Altima soon however, I still need some new brakes in the meantime. So, I prayed first! 🙏

I ordered some F & R brake pads & rotors for the Altima from RockAuto. I had an email from RA as to some closeout parts of all types for the 2015 Altima so I ordered all brake parts(pads/rotors only) for $128 which included shipping, tax & RA discount code#.

All pads(ceramic) came with the hardware and I was able to get everything through the same warehouse so the shipping was LE$$ however the shipping was still $28.

F: pads...Wagner QuickStop Ceramic
R: pads...Centric Post-Quiet Ceramic
F&R rotors are both RAYBESTOS R-Line
I've use these brand/parts at different times on different vehicles but IDK how they'll work on the '15 Altima in signature.

Also IDKwhat the Coefficient of Friction(CoF) of the brake pads are, since when bringing up the "INFO" for the parts, the closeup view didn't show any part# w/friction rating.(******-**** FF or GG). I do hope that they are all FF and not GG. As many of you seem to like a brake pad materials CoF of GG, I do not.

Not that there aren't CoF GG pad that would suit my liking for pad bite, I just have never had CoF of GG pads that I've liked and thus it would be hit/miss for me. GG pads require more pedal pressure and always feel like they're glazed. Maybe GG pads have a better hard/hot stop over FF but, I don't like their initial bite. So therefore, I stay with FF as I am never disappointed.

Wish me luck,

CB
What GG pads have you used previously that you didn't like?

How worn are the existing brake parts that you need to replace them so soon to a sale? I’d say for a sale it might make it more desirable, but who cares for trade-in unless they are at end of life?

it takes 4-6 hours for non-coated rotors to rust :sneaky:
I know that when my wife's car went to firestone (don't ask) for rear pads and rotors, because we were traveling and the right rear was binding, and they did it for $260 (low price it would seem but maybe 2014), I watched the nice shiny rotors. They took about a little more than a month to completely turn orange. Sure, swept areas will show rust from rain overnight, but it gets removed by the pads. At any rate I would always get coated ones, and we're talking the hats and vanes, because my centrics for the Lexus were $27 and $31 on two purchases. How much cheaper is it gonna be for non coated anyway. The idea is today's wheels are very open and show the rotors, so why not keep them clean looking. But repair shops don't care about that, it's all about the benjies

Most people wont even bother doing any of that when they are selling a car. All those are name brand parts so I wouldn't worry about a thing. Personally, I'd prefer to see the same brand on each part if it doesn't cost too much more, but that's just an ocd thing.
I have a State Inspection coming up soon so brakes are in order.
You should've gotten coated rotors :sneaky:
agreed, it takes a mere 4-6 weeks for non coated ones to turn orange, where not swept...it always screamed "$500 Mavis" or Firestone or Midas job to me...
A can of black grill paint will solve that issue. I went for total OTD price.

I know that when my wife's car went to firestone (don't ask) for rear pads and rotors, because we were traveling and the right rear was binding, and they did it for $260 (low price it would seem but maybe 2014), I watched the nice shiny rotors. They took about a little more than a month to completely turn orange. Sure, swept areas will show rust from rain overnight, but it gets removed by the pads. At any rate I would always get coated ones, and we're talking the hats and vanes, because my centrics for the Lexus were $27 and $31 on two purchases. How much cheaper is it gonna be for non coated anyway. The idea is today's wheels are very open and show the rotors, so why not keep them clean looking. But repair shops don't care about that, it's all about the benjies
I bought everything on CLOSEOUT.

I put Element 3 on her 15 Altima. From rock auto

Off topic, did you ever do a uoa on the Altima? I believe it was you had commented on my uoa post I did on her car and you said you had I believe around 80K miles on the car

^^^Yes, I have 88K on the car now. I have the 2.5L 4 cylinder.
I do have a UOA on the engine from Oct/Nov'22 at ~80K. I'll see if I can fetch it.

So, the brakes have arrived and the rotors look beautiful and the front brakes(Wagner) are CoF FF(my preference)
HOWEVER:
The rear brakes(Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic) came in CoF of GH ...are they kidding me?
And the pictures showed nothing for part# or CoF
What can I possibly expect from these brakes as far as stopping bite/power? It certainly has me concerned!

I've used Posi Quiet Ceramic in the past and they were ok/fine but they were also FF or FG

Last edited:
Back