Ordered 2021 Ford Escape

Might want to check out the Ford extended warranty “ESP” that they sell at discount through Flood Ford.

Mine expired unused after 7 years, so I can’t speak to how well they honor it. For my low option vehicle I thought that the medium grade long-term, relatively high deductible policy was peace of mind for not much money.

As we’ve seen, Ford has some ghastly debacles every once in awhile.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that as well. I bought it for my 2006 Ford Escape and only used it once for a low-dollar repair (leaking coolant overflow reservoir). Of course this one has all kinds of crazy stuff to go wrong.

Hopefully it works out for you, but I have not been impressed with the the quality of the newer Escape's. Ever since they came out I've seen issues with everything from wiper motors to infotainment failures. I'd much rather have a CX-5.

Reactions: Ws6
Hopefully it works out for you, but I have not been impressed with the the quality of the newer Escape's. Ever since they came out I've seen issues with everything from wiper motors to infotainment failures. I'd much rather have a CX-5.

Yeah, I know there’s a chance this new Escape won’t be as reliable as my old one, but I’m willing to take the chance I guess. I’ll be sure to report any issues on here.

My 2013 CX-5 had terrible infotainment issues, but was otherwise rock solid. A personal pet peeve of mine with most Mazdas is I don’t like the way my knee hits the center console. The CX-5 is not as bad as the 3 in this regard but still bothers me on long drives.

I’m not a CUV person but I do like that Ford made the dimensions on 2020 Escape more proportional. The 2013-2019 looked like it had the face from a Ford Transit Connect slapped on a wanna compact minivan.

Congrats and I’m sure you will enjoy it when it finally arrives

Reactions: dcd
I went with the new Bronze Fire color. I always liked that color when it was out on the F150’s.

What color did you get? Any build date yet?

It is a fleet order the best I will probably get is an estimated date...

I got Velocity Blue with Ebony. I wanted Antimatter blue but the fleet administrator hadn't approved it. Cant complain though, no such thing as a bad free car and in days gone by it would have been "you can have any color you want so long as it is white"... LOL so it is an improvement.

Bronze fire will be nice too...

You'll probably get yours before I get mine, so be sure to post up first impressions... and pictures!

Competitor 3500 tow capacity CUVs - I wonder, were these considered?
Rav4 Adventure
model is tow rated for 3500 lbs
as is a 2020+ Outback XT (2.4L turbo)
Outback is a slightly larger wheelbase and vehicle length, and significantly more cargo space. Could be a better tow vehicle?

Our 'compact' sportwagen has the cargo space of a CX5 / Escape sized CUV. The more shaped a CUV is vs the boxy ones, the less space they have. It is highly likely we'll replace the GSW with an Outback in a couple of years - not sure if we'll need the XT engine or not.
The new Escapes and CX5s do look and drive nice - but I think we'll be focusing on function over fashion (8.7" and capable AWD on those subies, along with Eyesight, is hard to beat)

It is a fleet order the best I will probably get is an estimated date...

I got Velocity Blue with Ebony. I wanted Antimatter blue but the fleet administrator hadn't approved it. Cant complain though, no such thing as a bad free car and in days gone by it would have been "you can have any color you want so long as it is white"... LOL so it is an improvement.

Bronze fire will be nice too...

You'll probably get yours before I get mine, so be sure to post up first impressions... and pictures!

Antimatter Blue was a close second for me. Was a little concerned about it showing dirt since it is almost black.

I’ll sure to post pics when it gets here.

Competitor 3500 tow capacity CUVs - I wonder, were these considered?
Rav4 Adventure
model is tow rated for 3500 lbs
as is a 2020+ Outback XT (2.4L turbo)
Outback is a slightly larger wheelbase and vehicle length, and significantly more cargo space. Could be a better tow vehicle?

Our 'compact' sportwagen has the cargo space of a CX5 / Escape sized CUV. The more shaped a CUV is vs the boxy ones, the less space they have. It is highly likely we'll replace the GSW with an Outback in a couple of years - not sure if we'll need the XT engine or not.
The new Escapes and CX5s do look and drive nice - but I think we'll be focusing on function over fashion (8.7" and capable AWD on those subies, along with Eyesight, is hard to beat)

Good point about the RAV4 Adventure. I had forgotten about it being rated to tow 3500 lb. Still not sure I would choose it since I am looking for more sport and less utility (with exception of tow rating, lol).

I looked at the Outback XT online. I must admit I like them, but I think it would be $5k or so more and not so sure about CVT. The Ascents with same engine had some CVT issues, but they may be fixed by now. I like the more compact dimensions of Escape and I’m not too concerned about cargo capacity since there are just two of us.

Took delivery today! Very pleased with it so far. I’m glad I opted for the B&O sound system. It is noticeably better than the one I test drove without it. Likewise glad I went with the 2.0 EcoBoost. It’s noticeably smoother and more powerful than the 3 cylinder I test drove.

It came in last week, but I’ve been too busy to get it until today. The ordering and purchasing experience was the best ever for me. This is the first time I have not even been asked for an extended warranty or anything else for that matter. I just signed a few documents at the salesmen’s desk and was on my way! I decided to order and purchase from a small “mom & pop”dealer after getting fed up with both of the “big guys” in town at various points in the past.

Obligatory pics below:

B6A2200D-4727-4ACC-BF05-F8D5B583AA35.jpeg
0366D066-77AA-4855-BD61-DB7A5911D44A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back