Opinions on LC or ARX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting the rinse phase of ARX and was wondering what the members of BITOG use regularly.
Do you use a maintenance dose of ARX or LC?

I use both!!!
shocked.gif

I have used both products and I think they both have their place. On my 03 Camry I use synthetic oil and LC to keep it clean! I plan on useing Auto-Rx on it sometime between 50,000 adn 100,000 miles. I figure that keeping it clean with synthetic and LC should take care of it for the most part. I would rather not develop enough build up to make Auto-Rx useful!!!

On used cars like my Buick or highmilage vechiles either ran on dino or synthetic Auto-Rx is the first thing you should do! I especialy like Auto-Rx on automatic transmissions!!! Auto-Rx does what it claims wich is rare in automotive additive/suplement market!!

I showed my Dad Aarons before adn after test and it convinced him he should use it on his 1995 Tacoma. My Dad's Tacoma has been run on M1 most of it's life! It had a few runs of GIII "synthetic" as well. His T/Case has a slight weep at the seal and we are hopeing Auto-Rx can fix it up.

John,

I had a tranny front seal leak a while back, ARX cured it but what was funny is that it got worse before it got better. Seemed to slow down a bit at first but got worse at the end of the 1500 mile clean phase. Switched the ATF out with RL D4 ATF and it took about 500 miles until it dried up completely. I was hesitant to go straight to synthetic after the ARX but it worked out ok. Tell you pop no to get discouraged. It may take a while.

cheers.gif

Yea, that's the primary drawback to RX, it is very time consuming if you are one that wants quick results. Probably lookiing at 3-6 months of use, clean/rinse cycles before anyhing is seen. That's a long time to some people

I just finished writing to a valued oil analysis customer about this question. I have attempted to address it before but it is lost in the noise of the vast # of posts here.

Auto-RX is primarily a cleaner( safe, lubricious and deep(multi-layer) cleaning, with superior dispersing effect). Use it periodically at the end of a oil change, use oil analysis to optimize how often it is employed.

LubeControl is primarly a anti oxidant ( quicker cleaning,unloading the host oil to lube, stabilizing TBN ,oil adds, and viscosity stability).

Both have side benefits that are incredible and why most can't believe that they really are that good.

Both are diametrically opposites in chemistry. Except that both are high flash,lubricious and safe when used as directed.
Auto-RX is nearly edible( don't so it) while LC should be handled with the same care as a fully formulated oil or fuel.

Both of these products DO NOT ;show bearing,seal or other damage when cleaning/working even in engines with coolant, fuel, dirt contamination. Note many of the fuel and oil adds that are low flash with little lubricity will contribute to bore polishing, bearing damage,and excess wear in elemental analysis if the three problems noted above are at play in your engine.

Auto-Rx has a unique EP, FM, and seal rejuvination capability, nuking nitration readings.

LC has a unique heat dissipating and FM,EP capability, nuking oxidation readings.

I recommend using BOTH to optimize applications.

I haven't posted this in a while but motor oil NO MATTER how well built will NOT clean deposits without sacrificing itself on the lubricity side. Marketing has brainwashed most consumers ,enthusiasts and even the technical people who know better, forget and start to believe that their pet HM or Syn or whatever oil will do that job without any action on the owners part. The chemistry does not exist that can do that in todays IC engines without giving up something in the process( usually lubricity).

Neither Auto-RX or LubeControl company has paid me enough in testing to date to promote them for profit !!!

I just darn well think they are 2 of the most effective tools for the automotive lube application to come along since multi vis oils !

Terry

I was so impressed with ARX in my Ford Diesel that I treated my wifes CRV and our Saab 93.

The Saab had 69,000 miles when we purchased it. Wasn't sure about the maintanence so I fgured why not.

I cleaned the engine compartment and changed the oil and filter and added ARX.

I have noticed some small leaks BUT that is what I expected. So, no doubt I will do a second treatment.

Also, the car has more pep. I will do an UOA after the first rinse phase.

You guys want to know how sharp my Dad is? When I showed him Aarons before and after pickes he asked me " I wounder if that stuff would clean the ring pack area on my old truck?" I said Dad look at his before and after compression! Auto-Rx does this all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back