Opinions on Kenda tires

Looking to see if anyone here has experience with Kenda tires. They're pretty cheap so I am not sure what to expect. I am looking at them for our Impala. Let me hear it, thanks. Also, these tires will see their fair share of snow and rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like some of them have good reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-reviews/B008BWNWAE/ref=/189-8279637-4729264?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0#reviews-container?&sortBy=helpful&reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=null&filterByStar=all_stars

WiskyBadger

Yea I saw that one, but that's for their mud tires. Hard to compare mud tires to p-metric car tires.

WiskyBadger

I have been looking all over the internet. Discount Tire Direct,Ebay, tire rack, etc. My brother has a tire machine so I have mount and balancing for free. I have found buying on the internet is a lot cheaper then any place in the area. Anyways I have been looking at others and came across these for a really good price. Just wondered if anybody knew anything about them.

WiskyBadger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-225-60R16-Kenda-Kenetica-KR17-Tires-225-60-16-2256016-R16-Passenger-/251670490285?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&fits=Section+Width%3A225|Aspect+Ratio%3A60|Rim+Diameter%3A16&hash=item3a98baecad&vxp=mtr

WiskyBadger

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I thought they only made bike tires?
I thought the same until I saw these confused

CKN

The MileStar tires on DTD have gotten good reveiws and are only a few dollars more on Ebay.

WiskyBadger

Originally Posted By: CKN
The MileStar tires on DTD have gotten good reveiws and are only a few dollars more on Ebay.
Those are even cheaper, thanks. I might just stick with what I know.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
When in doubt, this is your best/safest bet! What have you had good experiences with?

I've had decent experiences with Kenda bicycle tires. They're likely a step up from the no-name Chinese tires.

WiskyBadger

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
When in doubt, this is your best/safest bet! What have you had good experiences with?
I have had good luck with Firestones and Generals, Goodyears and Coopers not so much. Goodyears always seem to wear funny and Coopers seem I wear out to fast. Should mention the car came with Uniroyals on it and they have been the worst tires I have seen. Wore super fast and are so loud it sounds like they're made of concrete.

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy in the local jeep clubs runs Kenda mud tires. Had a few ones that had to go back for balancing issues buy after that it worked well.