One Week Update on Oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac

🤦â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ¤¦â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ¤¦â€â™‚ï¸

Exactly my thoughts. It's frustrating dealing with a bunch of grown men, who I'm sure if in real life would not even respond the way they do here, rather than you know have a mature conversation....tell me what I could do to verify if the products I use are actually working, because even I myself would like to know and verify more accurately. But unfortunately it's easier to cop a attitude behind a keyboard, when in real life you could have a civil conversation.

Originally Posted by domer10

🤦â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ¤¦â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ¤¦â€â™‚ï¸

Exactly my thoughts. It's frustrating dealing with a bunch of grown men, who I'm sure if in real life would not even respond the way they do here, rather than you know have a mature conversation....tell me what I could do to verify if the products I use are actually working, because even I myself would like to know and verify more accurately. But unfortunately it's easier to cop a attitude behind a keyboard, when in real life you could have a civil conversation.

Ought to send a sample of this stuff to Molakule and get an analysis of what's in this "snake oil" additive.
crackmeup2.gif

If this really works you should find out what in the mix is giving you these results. Get a patent on it. Present it to the major automakers and it could save them millions in research and development to implement higher gas mileage vehicles. And it may prolong the amount of time that gasoline engines are going to be in production.

Originally Posted by walterjay
If this really works you should find out what in the mix is giving you these results. Get a patent on it. Present it to the major automakers and it could save them millions in research and development to implement higher gas mileage vehicles. And it may prolong the amount of time that gasoline engines are going to be in production.

The problem is people do not want to pay, archoil is not cheap, I'm starting to think the only reason this site exists is to talk about "rebates" and buying oil cheap, and hoarding it and talking about oil "stash's". You don't think companies have caught on to this, I'm sorry but I do my research, and buy the best oil, if at the time of change it's on sale bonus. So archoil is 99 bucks for 2 16 oz bottles, plus the gas additive. Not happening, People won't pay if these oils came with this included as part of the add pack.

On a another note went to Jeep coffee night, and all that we're still stock ride height and tires, were absolutely no where near my mpg's, and they were frankly astounded. And I'm not a conservative driver, by any means. I don't put magnaflow, or borla exhausts on my vehicles to not hear them. This is the only place that is still stuck in the slick 50 mentality. Sorry, but like I said I've experienced same things on multiple vehicles now. And reviews on YouTube and lots of other places who have had positive experiences. But I'm the fool, the one who has used both in in tandem gas and oil, in multiple vehicles but the people who comment who have never used it, offer up some useless stupid, dated "snake oil" comment or offer nothing of substance are the smart ones.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT WHAT IT HAS DONE TO PEOPLE WITH POWERSTROKE ISSUES. But ya. Snake oil.

I'll ask again, what is this research you have done and can we look at it. Otherwise my previous post stands.

I'll ask again, what is this research you have done and can we look at it. Otherwise my previous post stands.

I feel like domer10 must sell Archoil on Amazon or eBay because every post he makes is about the wonders of "archoil"

Originally Posted by donnyj08

I feel like domer10 must sell Archoil on Amazon or eBay because every post he makes is about the wonders of "archoil"

I'm pretty sure he's probably involved with marketing it somehow.

When we see an official reputable analysis of this stuff I'll be more interested in discussing it.

Last edited:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT WHAT IT HAS DONE TO PEOPLE WITH POWERSTROKE ISSUES. But ya. Snake oil.

You have a point with the 6.0L HEUI injectors in particular, But the cold starting improvements don't last a full OCI in the trucks I tried Archoil in & end up getting one or more injectors replaced.

Can Archoil help good/new injectors last longer? Maybe....

HEUI Injectors are a special case all on their own, I don't see the benefit of a friction modifier in a gasoline engine....And it's expensive.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by walterjay

The problem is people do not want to pay, archoil is not cheap, I'm starting to think the only reason this site exists is to talk about "rebates" and buying oil cheap, and hoarding it and talking about oil "stash's". You don't think companies have caught on to this, I'm sorry but I do my research, and buy the best oil, if at the time of change it's on sale bonus. So archoil is 99 bucks for 2 16 oz bottles, plus the gas additive. Not happening, People won't pay if these oils came with this included as part of the add pack.

On a another note went to Jeep coffee night, and all that we're still stock ride height and tires, were absolutely no where near my mpg's, and they were frankly astounded. And I'm not a conservative driver, by any means. I don't put magnaflow, or borla exhausts on my vehicles to not hear them. This is the only place that is still stuck in the slick 50 mentality. Sorry, but like I said I've experienced same things on multiple vehicles now. And reviews on YouTube and lots of other places who have had positive experiences. But I'm the fool, the one who has used both in in tandem gas and oil, in multiple vehicles but the people who comment who have never used it, offer up some useless stupid, dated "snake oil" comment or offer nothing of substance are the smart ones.

Are you familiar with the scientific method? It's about repeatable, reproducible results. That means controlled conditions done many times. Your sample of one hardly qualifies. Too many unknowns to reach a conclusion. You're also aware of self fulfilling prophecies? For one thing, you'd adjust to standard conditions. Do you know what standard conditions would be for your car? Adjust for temperature and pressure.

Also after spending all that money on the additives, just how much money did you really save?

You must have had the wind to your back or stopped riding your brake. I don't buy into that kind of increase.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
I also believe fuel is not that consistent. Non E-85 fuel says up to 10 % ethanol that means it could be 6% or 10%. I've heard that E-85 is all over the place as far as consistent ethanol content.

That may make more difference than the oil or additive. Plus , do we really know when the fuel suppliers start the winter blend? Unless you are running 5 tanks of non ethanol, then averaging those, i'm not sure you can ever get a real tight read on MPG.

Ethanol levels in gas is a lot more accurate/consistent than you think. Tank farms where fuel trucks are loaded are checked and calibrated every month. The terminal operators will also take random samples from the tankers after they're loaded and test them for accuracy.

Some regions never switch to seasonal blends. For instance, where I live, the gasoline formula is the "winter blend" year round. Closer to Atlanta...where emissions rules are tight, switch in the late fall to winter blend and summer blend in late spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back