One Week Update on Oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one week ago changed oil with Rotella Gas Truck, tossed in some Archoil as well, was running Amsoil P.I additive at that time, Monday came my Archoil gas additive arrived, filled up and as of past few days my mpg has got up to 18.5, as you will see in pics. Usually read on high end 14.7-15 max. I was down to about 13.7 prior to this change, there is both stop and go but majority long stretches without stop lights, with some 4 way stops where I need to. But still like I said topped out at 15. Needless to say I contacted precious owner and best he saw from new was just over 18 and that was on a trip he took. Again not attributing this to Archoil solely. But a Jeep at 128k averaging that...I'll take it. Also smoother, and more responsive...can really tell on a Jeep as their throttle requires more input due to off roading. And quiet as [censored].

Naysayers do what you do best and by all means discredit away, just letting people know what that combo I think Rotella Gas Truck is a great oil. And I've had nothing but positive results with Archoil. Take with it what you will. Not even going to get into it with you handful of people who try and bash it and the people who use it. As I stated outside of this forum thousands upon thousands of good results. Side note I run 89 octane always.

053CC50A-061D-4842-A154-D73AB1D948B4.jpeg

DDE5F17B-F814-4B7D-B712-F163B3C58CEE.jpeg

1DAAA7C7-F5C6-4C2F-B803-1A3BC2C6555A.jpeg

The problem is that people often do things like what you did and instantly change their driving style and credit slick 50, the fuel magnet, a tailgate net... for the increase in fuel economy. Then the person using the magic product claims "I'm not driving any different".

The dash mpg is not that accurate. My car says 31, and when i do the math its 29. Its consistently over by 3mpg.

Originally Posted by spasm3
The dash mpg is not that accurate. My car says 31, and when i do the math its 29. Its consistently over by 3mpg.

This. I go by my fillup records, and do not get excited by one fillup's results, but the average of the last 5.

BTW I have nothing against the oil, SOPUS makes an excellent product. it is just amusing the attempt at hyper market segmentation.

Let the naysayers talk. I did an oil change six months ago and fuel economy dropped by 2mpg and I got it from naysayers. I went ahead and changed the oil only surprise to everyone was I gained my mileage back. When I reported results with fuel records was told driving changed as oil has nothing to do with fuel mileage. Funny thing is that there is a test that gets done for fuel mileage by oil companies.

Every night your neighbor is putting a gallon of gas in your Jeep.....

You will be cussing that Jeep when every night he starts to siphon out a gallon!

Originally Posted by tiger862
Let the naysayers talk. I did an oil change six months ago and fuel economy dropped by 2mpg and I got it from naysayers. I went ahead and changed the oil only surprise to everyone was I gained my mileage back. When I reported results with fuel records was told driving changed as oil has nothing to do with fuel mileage. Funny thing is that there is a test that gets done for fuel mileage by oil companies.
It definitely does, I remember reading in car mags in the early 2000s that drag racers would get a temporary 10 hp gain from RP synthetic. This would only last a few passes before they had to change the oil to maintain the effect.

If your additive maintains a mileage boost throughout the entire OCI than that is impressive. I've never seen anyone support that outcome with actual data.

The board is skeptical of all additives other than LG Red and Techron because most of them are snake oil. The narrative you are trying to spin that this board hates additives is incorrect.

There are members here who are actual scientists or engineers and want to see empirical evidence, not just anecdotal evidence. I didn't study STEM in school but even I need to see proof attached to a claim, just like I had to when I was writing essays in university.

Originally Posted by Imp4
No additive product will increase your gas mileage by 20%.

Have a nice day!!!
cheers3.gif

Which is why it was probably all the cleaners.....

Originally Posted by domer10
tossed in some Archoil as well,

Stop wasting your money on snake oil garbage. That stuff just separates you, from money in your wallet. It has zero benefits. Prove me wrong.

I also believe fuel is not that consistent. Non E-85 fuel says up to 10 % ethanol that means it could be 6% or 10%. I've heard that E-85 is all over the place as far as consistent ethanol content.

That may make more difference than the oil or additive. Plus , do we really know when the fuel suppliers start the winter blend? Unless you are running 5 tanks of non ethanol, then averaging those, i'm not sure you can ever get a real tight read on MPG.

Originally Posted by bubbatime

Stop wasting your money on snake oil garbage. That stuff just separates you, from money in your wallet. It has zero benefits. Prove me wrong.

A sucker is born every minute..I'm surprised that people still fall for this snake oil junk.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by bubbatime

A sucker is born every minute..I'm surprised that people still fall for this snake oil junk.

Ya sucker with results. Like many others, I love my particular snake oil. Lol

So, you filled your crankcase with a hodgepodge of oils and additives plus put additives in your fuel and now get this miraculous fuel economy boost? Which one should get the credit?

🚤🎣

Originally Posted by skyactiv
The problem is that people often do things like what you did and instantly change their driving style and credit slick 50, the fuel magnet, a tailgate net... for the increase in fuel economy. Then the person using the magic product claims "I'm not driving any different".

+1

Yeah and you've had what, two or three threads locked already over your posts?

And yet we start another one.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Yeah and you've had what, two or three threads locked already over your posts?

And yet we start another one.

Ya, shows the maturity level, seems people who don't agree with someone because it doesn't suit their belief system, they choose to put their fingers in their ears and say "I can't hear you". I guess I'm either just lucky, or it's a coincidence that every vehicle I've owned the products I use, and my way of maintaining them have yielded results time and time again....what is this now, my fourth vehicle, and whenever I've purchased used I somehow always managed to get far better results than previous owners who have in their own right meticulously maintained them.

So there were people who questioned my driving style etc etc, this morning went out about 930am drove around in town...purposely stop and go, drive throu waits, and drove like a 16 year old who first got his own car. From stops took off bout reeves up to 4-4200 at least, kicked it down passed cars...stop repeat. I just got in. Sitting at 17.4 and believe me I drove like a fool. Go on Jeep fourms and see what 2013 wranglers are averaging mpg wise. Now all of a sudden these things are not accurate, because it doesn't suit your narrative, when meanwhile in other threads when talking about mpg, or someone asks about mpgs....no one cracks the "its not accurate" line. And I agree while not accurate, they are not accurate by not a large margin. I'm simply telling you people what I use and the results, but just like every other thread where even someone comes in here to ask a question, you get a bunch of snarky, smarmy, condescending replies. This what I use, these are the results I get....weather it's always using a full synthetic, to always using mid grade gas, along with initial few tanks of Amsoil P.I, but after my first dump and fill with Mobil one grey bottle right after acquisition of vehicle, multiple runs with what I just stated in gas tank, dumped after 1500 k. Which I always do when getting a new to me vehicle, not sure if running multiple cleaners affects oil. Like I said at best hitting 14.7. You people think that because I use a additive I'm trying to pawn it off on you people....These are my results....I thought that was the whole point of this forum, post your experiences and so on and so forth. But god forbid yo use something that doesn't suit your belief system. You run right to the snake oil schtick. You guys do what you want, I'll do what I want and use what I want. I sure as crap don't come on here to bs you people. Far better things to do with my life. Posting my real world experience, and feedback from my vehicles. The way some of you people try and discredit me, and others on here...it's like you know me, my life story...my history with all sorts of motorized vehicles. Trust me, I'm not a naive tool, who knows jack squat about cars and motorbikes. I know myself and my vehicles....I know when something is either starting to go wrong, weather it's engine or handling, and vice versa when Things are going right. Going to say this for last time, this is what I put in my vehicle last week....I've noticed improvements, not shoving anything down your people's throats. Real test will be winter, and I'll post a update then, and as much as I think UOA are a waste of money, going to do one this run. Seriously done arguing with adults. You interpret my posts and my experience any which way you chose. As for others who are on the fence about RTG or anything else I used I say give it a shot, I Think RTG alone is a great oil.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back