One tough little Corolla

Adding it's fine to blow through stop signs at a high rate of speed is dander on the floor. Completely irrelevant to what I said. I did re-read your post and I assert the question again. What is your experience to say what you did? Any?

I'm making an assumption that you have never been the cop behind the wheel in a situation like this and you have spoken without knowing much on the subject matter. The cops have specific rules they are obliged to follow and certain permissions have to be given by a boss before any potential action is taken, ie pit. Bad guy has no rules to follow and no boss to answer to. When you listen to a single cop in a patrol car "call the ball" in such a calm and precise demeanor, don't let it foo you. Inside is a volcano erupting as in most instances you have no idea if Mr. Bad is taking the actions he is running from homicide or a traffic ticket.

Yorolla. Corolla flips occupants die. Mr. Bad was running because he has a suspended license. A violation here in NY. Not even a "crime." Now you are the big bad cop who killed a guy with YOUR oversized, overweight vehicle over a traffic ticket?

I've been blessed with my experiences. I am not attacking you I am attacking your argument.
Do you actually think it was safer to chase him through town and finally spin him out , or stop it in that field with the same tactic used, ? not to mention he was almost at a complete stop in the field.

Outruns the cops for 15 minutes.

If you've seen one you've seen them all.

I was hoping this post would have been about a Corolla that got X00,000 miles on ____ oil, not some idiot trying to outrun the police.

As a whole they are not! It causes injuries and/or death at a rate that is difficult to justify.
Absent mass training (probably very expensive) the only alternative would be to let anyone who wants to run from LEOs to do so and often get away. If they are not stopped then and there, it is easy to claim that it was an acquaintance borrow their car due to some sort of emergency. Get out of jail free!

Yeah def seems the field was a perfect opportunity to get the Corolla stopped unless the Explorers and Crown Vics were traction compromised as well - could not tell where this was from but maybe the Explorers were just FWD as well.

10 mins in the LEO in the Expedition not only let the Corolla pass him/her but then impeded the chase and almost let the Corolla get out of sight.

Last edited:
Back