[Linked Image]

The most beautiful of all wagons
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by jhs914
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Beautiful.

But...
I remember seeing them in 2005-2006 as rentals and I was thinking because of the high door line + small windows space, especially in the back, the visibility is kind of low.
The same as the smaller Chevy HHR and Chrysler PT Cruiser

So, The Ford Focus Wagon or Saturn wagons or the VW Jetta or Golf Wagens had better visibility.

P.S. it is crazy how some internet posts, started a fashion trend and the prices are still way up for these....
The high door line was a non issue for me. I am 6 ft. tall and had no problem. When my wife drove the car she just raised the height of the drivers seat. The mirrors still work for seeing what is behind you but rear visibility from any wagon will not be as good as a sedan with a large rear window. If the Magnum were still made today it would have back up cameras and radar avoidance devices to detect objects in blind spots.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat. That one was one of my favorite cars. Besides the wheels I had stiffer sway bars so it handled really well. The 5.7 Hemi had a tune and headers so it ran like a scalded dog. I know the styling was not for everyone but I liked it. I overheard a young kid, who probably had never seen a station wagon, say that it looked like a hearse
lol.gif

I'd take a 2008 Magnum SRT; I like the minor facelift and the engine has just enough hp to keep me entertained.

I'd take a 2008 Magnum SRT; I like the minor facelift and the engine has just enough hp to keep me entertained.

I test drove one of these 3 times and just couldn't pull the trigger...the power was great, but I suspect there was an issue with the particular car I was driving and it just wasn't much fun. I took it on a loop around a small city and I was tired after a 20 minute drive, maybe it needed an alignment as I felt like I was constantly correcting the steering.
Ended up buying a RAV6 and didn't regret that, but it sure wasn't as quick in a straight line as the Magnum.

The high door line was a non issue for me. I am 6 ft. tall and had no problem. When my wife drove the car she just raised the height of the drivers seat. The mirrors still work for seeing what is behind you but rear visibility from any wagon will not be as good as a sedan with a large rear window. If the Magnum were still made today it would have back up cameras and radar avoidance devices to detect objects in blind spots.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat. That one was one of my favorite cars. Besides the wheels I had stiffer sway bars so it handled really well. The 5.7 Hemi had a tune and headers so it ran like a scalded dog. I know the styling was not for everyone but I liked it. I overheard a young kid, who probably had never seen a station wagon, say that it looked like a hearse
lol.gif

Cameras and radar avoidance,hmm, maybe an audio-video car shop?

Hearse: nope, not even close. That would be a lincoln/crown vic/cadilac wagons that where specifically made as hearses...
And.... also this (wagons not kool) means more wagons for us, the ones in the know...

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

I test drove one of these 3 times and just couldn't pull the trigger...the power was great, but I suspect there was an issue with the particular car I was driving and it just wasn't much fun. I took it on a loop around a small city and I was tired after a 20 minute drive, maybe it needed an alignment as I felt like I was constantly correcting the steering.
Ended up buying a RAV6 and didn't regret that, but it sure wasn't as quick in a straight line as the Magnum.

Nice! The Dodge Magnum wagon was quite a car. I like them almost as much as I liked my 1972 Ford LTD Country Squire I owned way back in the day. Thinking maybe I better get off the Jack Daniels tonight before I say something really outrageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back