Omelet

This is an omelet I made yesterday. It was OK, nothing special.
This is a nice Kenmore 8" SS pan, I just wish it had sloped sides so I could slide the food around in it.
I may buy myself a new 8" pan with sloped sides.
Personally, I don't think you need to spring for a $100 Allclad pan.
I think most any SS pan will do as long as you treat it right.
But my method is going to be fry with low heat and the right amount of butter, ghee, and oil.
Low and slow is the way to go.
It's so easy to season an SS pan.
I got some grapeseed oil and seasoned my 3 SS pans and pots with it.
It makes the cook surface feel smoother and for sure, it makes the pan more non stick.

DSC_2950.JPG

DSC_2948.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lightly salt and saute the zucchini & mushrooms before dropping them into the omelet. Let eggs begin to set prior to adding vegetables. World of difference. Not sure the mushrooms look canned; ditch that for organic.

I always make my omelets with just eggs and cheese. I like for the cheese to run out the edges and make a crispy surrounding crust!😋

Lightly salt and saute the zucchini & mushrooms before dropping them into the omelet. Let eggs begin to set prior to adding vegetables. World of difference. Not sure the mushrooms look canned; ditch that for organic.
I agree, that would taste better and I've made that type omelet more than any other way. The vegetables will change texture when cooked down a little. But I was following the woman to see if I'd get non stick. But I should be able to get non stick anyway, and I will sooner or later.
I'll try it again today.

Back