Oldest battery (ICE vehicles)?

I’ll have to look tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure the MB battery in my MB 240D was from around 2006 or 2007. Still glows and cranks a diesel perfectly.
Actually 2005 date code.

DA5D087E-DBC4-4124-9EC8-55533D2C34CA.jpeg

Lazarus - come forth......

The battery of all batteries was a factory 10, yes 10, year 100k mile in a 2006 Taurus. That bastid had WELL over 100k on it and 8 years when it gave up the ghost.

The factory battery in my Mom's 2004 Element lasted a bit over 12 years IIRC.

The battery currently in my Pathfinder was put in by the previous owners, it's Mighty brand, date sticker says 2018 and it's still going strong in the Idaho heat even with the added loads of my stereo system and CB radio stuff.

Battery in my 2015 Cayman is still the original unit with 61k miles on it.

Just tested it with my Ancel tester, and it shows 663 CCA out of 760.
Resistance is at 5.46, so its starting to get up there.
State of health is at 73%, and it's time for a charge, since state of charge is reporting at 51%.

Lazarus - come forth......

The battery of all batteries was a factory 10, yes 10, year 100k mile in a 2006 Taurus. That bastid had WELL over 100k on it and 8 years when it gave up the ghost.
All my Volvo batteries have lasted more than ten years. All of them. I’ve got 20+ year old cars on their second battery.

But, while the battery quality is excellent, I attribute the longevity to locating them inside the car, not roasting under the hood.

When I did roadside battery installs, ran across an Group 35 Champion battery from 1998 in 2018 complete with Dale Sr’s photo on it…

11 years 4 months on an Optima Red Top. It was in a ‘66 Shelby Mustang that was driven every day for the 12 years I had it.

One night I left the headlights on and that killed the battery. None of the usual tricks worked to bring it back from the dead.

Z

Back