Old Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the family car to church first thing and then take it down to the track and take part in the race?
Good thing that kid with the soda early on was safe behind the chicken wire...

Thanks for posting, interesting video. 500 miles at average speed of over 100 mph was impressive, considering that the automobile had only been in around in any numbers for 40 years or so.

Those heavy cars......going that fast...... with those garbage tires...... hardly any banking....
The lateral forces must have been crazy....

Incredible!!!!!

Not a NASCAR fan but love the scenes of Fireball Roberts sucking on a cigarette, and all those Hudsons. I think I'd find that more interesting than today. Used to go to modified races in South Dakota in the early sixties-- flames and crashes. Attended a modified race north of Milwaukee in 1965 and the fans set part of the bleachers on fire, but they just kept racing!

Last edited:
That was when cars were REAL CARS instead of sheet metal stamped "things"
I go to see local modified unlimited late models often. Better than this carp nascar of now

Crash, car catches on fire, jump out, take of your shirt to put the fire out...
35.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Crash, car catches on fire, jump out, take of your shirt to put the fire out...
35.gif

Now that was really something,,,it was a much easier time in the history of auto racing where just about anyone in a family car so to speak could race, now days,,u gotta own GM or something to race..imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back