old ARX bottle with new application instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I got some ARX bottles back in 2006 and want to use one now. On the bottle, the cleaning and rinse phases mentionned are shorter (-1000miles) than those recommended on the current ARX website for basic application.

Cleaning phase:
ARX bottle: 1500miles

Rinse phase:
ARX bottle: 2000miles

Has the phase duration been recently extended or has the ARX formulation changed since 2006 so that I should stick to the instruction on the bottle and forget what's written on the website?

Thanks

Rely on the website. Recommendations have evolved over time due to feedback and data/research that has come in over the years.

If you are running a normal or standard application on a fairly well maintained motor, then use the current instructions. Install the ARX, with fresh conventional oil and a new filter and run 2500 to 3000 miles. Drain and refill with conventional oil and a new filter and run 3000 miles, as your rinse.

In motors that are not severely sludged it was determined that the extra mileage was helpful, but more importantly the supplemental lubricity from ARX made it safe to do so.

Depends on how dirty you think your engine is? Some engines like my Mazda 626 let you know with rattling lifters due to lack of oil flow that it's filter change time but my BMW now 3,300 kms into a 10,000 kms clean doesn't. 3,000 miles may be a good place to start fora first time effort, but oil used and driving style play a big part.

Highway miles work nicely. Motor is up to full operating temp. and oil flow is at a high level as well. This is a senario to best optomize the rate at which ARX will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back