Oil vs Gas prices article

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gasoline demand continues to decline then motor oil demand will decline too. Cars will last longer and, if people walk or pedal, people will last longer as well. Hmmm. All of this seems like unintended consequences.

Heard a very similar report on CNN this morning. As snoop dogg would say, it is what it is. The refiners profits shrink because demand goes down, so they cut production and blame normal shutdown for maintenance. Crude prices stay low(er) but gas prices climb, because of the refiners cutbacks.

It's a vicious cycle, but as the article says these companies, refiners included, are in business to make a profit. The CNN report said gas demand had leveled recently.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I wish I could work in a business where if you want to make more money you produce less!

I've worked in a few. There's a whole slew of j/o's that think that since they made a million last year ..and there's a 8% real increase in the cost of living ..that regardless of whether business is up or down, they "deserve" to make $1.1M to progress. They lay off ..whip the mules more ..whatever
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back