OIL UDDER Q+A

Indyfan,

Saw your post on the other thread about the Pentastar filter twist. Kevin has been tied up with the day job but will respond as soon as he gets a second.

Elliott
Thanks, Elliott! Don't tell him, but I absolutely LOVE that Pentastar in my Jeep! We don't want it to go to his head, right? :LOL:

Hi guys, Kevin, time to give you some $hit on the Pentastar! Lol!

Check out this thread... Fram XG11665 Pentastar

The question is why do the oil filters come out of an OCI twisted? I´ve run Fram Ultras, Mobil 1, and Mopar filters and they all do it. The Fram has done it the least, IMO, but still does it. I have done UOAs on my PUG Pentastar and they come out great, so it doesn´t appear to be a problem. Just curious.

Btw, the Oil Udder looks like a great idea!

Hey IndyFan!
Sorry for the late note. Glad you LOVE the engine haha! Regarding the twist this has never been an issue. There was some concern with it initially during development nothing ever happened. Also, something keep in mind is it's removed state vs. under pressure/flow. Once it's got oil flowing through it and some pressure it'll change shape again. Regardless, it's fine.

Best!

Kevin - Udder guy 1 of 2

Hey IndyFan!
Sorry for the late note. Glad you LOVE the engine haha! Regarding the twist this has never been an issue. There was some concern with it initially during development nothing ever happened. Also, something keep in mind is it's removed state vs. under pressure/flow. Once it's got oil flowing through it and some pressure it'll change shape again. Regardless, it's fine.

Best!

Kevin - Udder guy 1 of 2
Thank you, Kevin! Yeah, this engine is just a hoot with the manual transmission in the JL. The Aisin transmission is so much better matched to it than the NSG370 in the JK. Lots of fun running around with the doors off. I´ve got a Magnaflow axle-back that makes it sound just great!

Anyway, I appreciate you getting back to us on this. Lots of guys on the Jeep JL forums will be very happy to hear your confirmation that it is no issue.

Thank you, Kevin! Yeah, this engine is just a hoot with the manual transmission in the JL. The Aisin transmission is so much better matched to it than the NSG370 in the JK. Lots of fun running around with the doors off. I´ve got a Magnaflow axle-back that makes it sound just great!

Anyway, I appreciate you getting back to us on this. Lots of guys on the Jeep JL forums will be very happy to hear your confirmation that it is no issue.

Happy to help! I just answered a good question about the ECT's on a PM. I think I post the response to that on here or another board because that is a big deal and it's not what it seems.

Happy to help! I just answered a good question about the ECT's on a PM. I think I post the response to that on here or another board because that is a big deal and it's not what it seems.

Shoot me the link when you post that up. Just got back from a pretty hard core off-road trip in Eastern Kentucky over the weekend. Just can´t say enough about this smooth, quiet, and powerful engine. It did everything asked of it effortlessly, with the air on the whole time. Love it.

Shoot me the link when you post that up. Just got back from a pretty hard core off-road trip in Eastern Kentucky over the weekend. Just can´t say enough about this smooth, quiet, and powerful engine. It did everything asked of it effortlessly, with the air on the whole time. Love it.
Will do, I will shoot you a PM on the note so you can let me know if its a discussion. May or may not be worth it.

Kevin and Elliott, the inventors of Oil Udder here. We are new as a sponsor of BITOG, but have always enjoyed changing our own oil and using BITOG as a resource. Our goal was to create a tool that improves the process and reduces messes. We are happy to answer any questions on this thread.

BITOG users save 20% + free shipping. Use code BITOG at checkout.

You can check it out at oiludder.com and see some videos here: Oil Udder on Youtube

full-89636-46252-img_20200619_130405_3.jpg

Kevin was also an engineer on the design team for the Pentastar motor. Feel free to give him crap...

Ordered the oil udder and drain hose. Used it today to change oil filter on my 2013 Tacoma with the 2.7 engine. This engine has the oil filter tucked up there pretty good and with this, no spills at all. I can see what it will come in handy on my Acura as well.

Nice tool to have!

Ordered the oil udder and drain hose. Used it today to change oil filter on my 2013 Tacoma with the 2.7 engine. This engine has the oil filter tucked up there pretty good and with this, no spills at all. I can see what it will come in handy on my Acura as well.

Nice tool to have!

AWESOME!!! It's so great to hear things like this since we are just starting out. Keeps us motivated. Thank you again!

Cheers!

Kevin and Elliott

Guess what? The Oil Udder is more than just an oil filter tool!

You can also...
  • Catch your oil plug...
  • Direct the oil draining away from the vehicle and stop the splashing...
  • Finish the job as a very high flow funnel
Check out the video below

The Udder way to change your oil. Stop spills, splashes, and drips. Use coupon code "BITOG" to save 20% at check out. oiludder.com

All - We are finding people would like a stand or some type of bracket they can stick to the side of their toolbox/drain pan etc to hold the Udder.

Any thoughts? Would love people suggestions/input.
That would be rad. I have one of the MATCO/Lisle funnels with all the adapters and I keep it in a big Ziploc bag. Something like even one of those magnetic cup holders would work for the Udder I think.

Cool idea. So it only works for filters mounted in vertical position?

It will actually work at angles quite well too. You just have to crack the filter and allow it to run down the edge (like pouring coffee too slow from a cup). We testing up to 60 deg but will depend on oil temp, type, cleanliness etc.

Some videos here

Also You can see how I use the High Flow version on my truck to prevent the splash on the exhaust. Catches the plug to prevent it from blocking the flow and because its soft it nicely squeezes between up there.

Back