Oil temperature towing

Does any full syn 15W40 carry Ford WSS-M2C171-F1, or does ford only license it on 0W40 and 5W40 full syn and 15W40 syn blend? If the truck is out of warranty if you wish to switch to 15W40 at the next oil change I don't see why rotella T6 wouldn't work, the 5W40 carries the ford spec but the 15W40 doesn't and I'm pretty sure the add pack is virtually the same, Delvac extreme should be good too since it has 1200ppm of phos, Ford's WSS-M2C171-F1 , is CK-4 with a few tweaks and a minimum phosphorous requirement of 1000ppm whereas some CK-4 oils have reformulated for mixed fleet use and only have 800ppm or less which is why no flavor of Delo carries Ford WSS-M2C171-F1. Mobil does rebates twice a year on Delvac, so keep and eye out and you can pick up gallons of Delvac Extreme pretty cheap somewhere in the $10/gallon range after rebates.

I leave my trust in the API, ACEA (particularly the E sequences) , Volvo/Mack, Cummins, Daimler/MB, etc... If ACEA C3 oil was meant to go in HD diesels then it'd carry specs for HD diesels.
Well, I am not sure why he is not running T6, Delvac etc. already?
I initially thought he is running ecoboost not PSD.

Well, I am not sure why he is not running T6, Delvac etc. already?
I initially thought he is running ecoboost not PSD.
If you read some of my previous posts you’d see my comments about going to a 5w40 from a 10w30 vs 15w40

Back