OIl Stash ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i start an oil stash will it make any difference if its stored in the house with a steady temp. or stored in my attic exposed to higher and lower temps. and will an opened bottle hold as long as an unopened bottle.and is there a shelf life on an unopened bottle.. P.S. i did search this and found nothing sorry if its been brought up before. im new to the educated oil world.

Store it in the house, or in the climate controlled garage, excessive temperature variation can have an affect on oil stored for long periods of time. I read on another thread about this they claimed 70F was the perfect temp to store oil at. A closed bottle will hold better than one that is opened, but it you just open it top off the car and then close it again, I don't see why it wouldn't be as good as a sealed bottle in a year.

The search on here is weird, you are better off using Google and searching for BITOG articles.

This is why it's rather pointless to have a HUGE stash that will take you YEARS to use up (IF YOU DON'T ADD ANYTHING TO THE STASH)

I have like 20 cases of various Amsoil oils but i service a lot of cars and will use up all the oil in 6 months or less.

Also keep in mind the longevity of the bottles themselves. I've had a couple spring leaks on me and they weren't all *that* old -- so much for the line about how long it takes plastics to break down.....
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back