Oil stash keeps growing

Let me know when it hits critical mass
241543447_6027864010622310_3542927044685802196_n.jpg

This is the Way

Well ok, but was it a flood flood or just like... A broken dishwasher line or something?

Actually the city sewer main backed up and affected a number of homes that were directly on the main line including hers. The city paid for cleanup and restoration on about 20 homes or so. It was very expensive as her furnace and hot water tank and laundry were down there along with the Beanie Babies. I don’t think she got much from those. As I recall it was disputed but the city didn’t count them as collectibles in the sense. We heard about this for months on end.

Actually the city sewer main backed up and affected a number of homes that were directly on the main line including hers. The city paid for cleanup and restoration on about 20 homes or so. It was very expensive as her furnace and hot water tank and laundry were down there along with the Beanie Babies. I don’t think she got much from those. As I recall it was disputed but the city didn’t count them as collectibles in the sense. We heard about this for months on end.
She just had to use the magic words, I want to be made whole and ask the city to replace her collection.

I've sold most of the Maxlife, I'll be trying to unload the Mobil1 after the rebate ends and Walmart takes it off rollback. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the ~130 jugs of 15W50 mobil1, that's not going to be easy to sell.
I'd call every commercial lawn mower shop in your state. That's all most shops run in their zt hydros. (As you well know , I'm sure).

This thread reminded me of a coworker who went nuts over Beanie Babies. She had hundreds of them in her basement all organized and categorized. A lot of money spent but hey, those things were going to skyrocket in value.

Then the basement flooded.
Beanie Babies are a toy. Motor oil is a necessity.

Beanie Babies are a toy. Motor oil is a necessity.
I was going to say similar.
I don't buy oil with the expectation that its value will increase (or that I will even sell it, although I have), I buy it because it is cheap and is something I am going to use regardless, so buying it on sale/clearance/rebate saves me money in the long run.
It costs me nothing to store it in the garage except some space that I would probably use for something useless.

I'd sell some but you'd have to be local, there's no way I'd be able to ship it and it would be worth it.
I’ve got a brother that lives on the east side of Indy that runs M1 15w50 in his ‘75 Chevy pick-up with a 454 who might be interested in taking some off your hands. What are you asking per jug?

When I have ample stash, I can usually resist sale prices. But if the price is not a sale but a steal, I would certainly grab some to help out my neighbors and friends. I would not buy everything though, doing that doesn't seem right to me.

I’ve got a brother that lives on the east side of Indy that runs M1 15w50 in his ‘75 Chevy pick-up with a 454 who might be interested in taking some off your hands. What are you asking per jug?
I've generally been asking like $15/jug for Mobil1, but I might do lower for a larger quantity, considering it's 15W50 and it's a little harder to offload.

Back