Oil Selection at ShopRite (NJ/PA/DE Grocery Store)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoped in shoprite, and since i have a new phone i snapped the selection of oil at the local store.

IMG_20120525_185316.jpg

IMG_20120525_185326.jpg

Back of the store brand bottle

IMG_20120525_185334.jpg

Bottom
IMG_20120525_185339.jpg

3.19 a quart for the store brand.

Below it was store brand antifreeze for 7.99 and store brand extended life for 9.99. both were premix.

Any idea on who makes the store brand oil, the only other oil is Citgo and castrol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qdeezie
On a side note, I like the fancy Citgo bottles.

I did not grab a photo of one with a hologram effect for the logo, it is kind of neat. They have synth blend citgo and regular citgo, and castrol GTX.

At least it is not US economy oil, or XXX Motor Oil.

The store brand ATF is a little creepy to me. Those look like Warren bottles, but that's also the generic "I-need-a-bottle" bottle.

Most supermarkets here have Citgo 5w30 and 10w40, one bottle wide on the shelf. Citgo seems to get "in" on the general merchandisers somehow.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The store brand ATF is a little creepy to me. Those look like Warren bottles, but that's also the generic "I-need-a-bottle" bottle.

Most supermarkets here have Citgo 5w30 and 10w40, one bottle wide on the shelf. Citgo seems to get "in" on the general merchandisers somehow.

I would use the store brand trans fluid in my power steering system, my car has the typical leak from a small bolt in the steering rack, cheaper to just add a bit every few weeks. It takes a month to get low.

Also they had citgo 5W20 off to one side, but that was not as easily photographed due to angles.

Last edited:
Shoprite used to have occasional deals on Mobil 1 when they carried it.

I don't know who makes this, though I'd guess it was contracted citgo blended oil. Wakefern (SR parent company) generally has pretty solid store brand stuff.

I would use the shoprite store brand or the citgo, but it is too expensive compared to 20 bucks for 5Q of synth at wallyworld down the road, but in a pinch i would use it, if i was near a shoprite and i have low oil.

Okay, they had an old bottle of citgo, compared it to the shoprite, same bottle marking on the bottom, and the same shape.

Also their ATF is Generic multi type, does not do mercon V

Originally Posted By: dave1251
The sad thing about this photo is that this is a larger selection than I have seen in many K-mart&Sears.

That is why shop rite is awesome, they cover everyones needs.

Also,happy memorial day

Originally Posted By: Stephen_G
The sad thing about this photo is that this is a larger selection than I have seen in many K-mart&Sears.

Also,happy memorial day

I used to live in West Chester, PA and Shoprite usually had the lowest supermarket prices, friendly checkers, and a very good selection of items too. Great store.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Stephen_G

Also,happy memorial day

I used to live in West Chester, PA and Shoprite usually had the lowest supermarket prices, friendly checkers, and a very good selection of items too. Great store.

Are there still ShopRites in Pa.?? (I always thought they were a Joisie ONLY item??)

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Are there still ShopRites in Pa.?? (I always thought they were a Joisie ONLY item??)

I didn't think so, but I recently saw one up in Effort, PA. we go to the one across the river in Phillipsburg, PA.
ironically, they have a warehouse in PA right off of I-78 (I know, because the road is backed up w/ yellow shop rite trucks near my job)

Originally Posted By: cutter
ShopRite is #1 in Philly, it's consistently packed in all of their locations.

Oddly, not at the one that photo was taken in, it is a former Super G, it was converted by the owners of a brand new 2003 built store about 2 mi down the road, that store is giant compared to the one in that photo, always packed. the one in the photo is the one to go to since it has the same prices as the bigger store, but 1/4 the people.

Back to the oil, would anyone here use citgo synth blend for more than 5,000 mi? i am curious thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back