Oil Report 2004 Chevy Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think?

collyoilreport.jpg

Why such short interval? Wear metals do look good though...I'v always thought those guys that do 2000 mile oci's were a little bit too in love with there car...Although when I was a teenager I was changing oil way too much on first truck...like once a month...as soon as it started getting black!

Learned something new. Mobil 1 5w-30 cSt is listed at 11.3 @100c. Your SUS Vis. is 55.7 and that equals a cSt of about 9.0. Frim what I heard this is a significant drop.

I am going to try a much larger interval next time around. I had just bought the truck and might have been a tad bit, shall we say, paranoid about the previous owner's maintenance habits. I also wanted to make sure no antifreeze was leaking in there. thanks for the replies. I should be able to go until 3000 miles for the next one.

if you only go 3k oci. use regular oil....M1 will go at least 8k ....dont waste oil or your money

Quote:

Why such short interval? Wear metals do look good though...I'v always thought those guys that do 2000 mile oci's were a little bit too in love with there car...Although when I was a teenager I was changing oil way too much on first truck...like once a month...as soon as it started getting black!

As someone replied to my UOA post............the ALumium looks high for less than 2K.

What is indicated by the high levels of aluminum? I hope it is not indicative of the head going bad. Does it have something to do with a new radiator? GM just sent me a letter stating that I would be covered up to 100k for an unusual valve wear condition that exists on these trucks.

I would switch to Quaker State or Amsoil -- then compare the metals & wear readings. You may like what you read more than this... which is still good. Nothing going haywire with the #3 next to Aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back