Oil recommendation Genesis GV80

What do you mean how do I know? Luxury brand versus value brand. Genesis is a Mercedes/Lexus/BMW equivalent. When you get a Genesis serviced, you call the dealer and they pick it up for you and bring it back to intentionally keep that clientele out of the Hyundai showroom. That's literally a tactic of their to maintain the upscale imagine and keep the two brands separated in experience.
Yep, this is true. Genesis valet services your car and is supposed to give you a loaner while yours is being serviced. They don’t want the Genesis customer ever setting foot in the Hyundai dealer. Genesis is about to start rolling out Genesis only showrooms real soon though.

Yep, this is true. Genesis valet services your car and is supposed to give you a loaner while yours is being serviced. They don’t want the Genesis customer ever setting foot in the Hyundai dealer. Genesis is about to start rolling out Genesis only showrooms real soon though.
Reminds me of when the Japanese were trying to break into the German luxury market.

I'm curious to see if @Nick1994 experienced it like this with his Genesis.
Lol no. I took mine to Chapman Hyundai. My service advisor Lisa was the best though and always got me a loaner/rental that my extended warranty paid for. There was one time they didn't have a rental but I have a fleet of other cars and the dealer paid for a Lyft.

Lol no. I took mine to Chapman Hyundai. My service advisor Lisa was the best though and always got me a loaner/rental that my extended warranty paid for. There was one time they didn't have a rental but I have a fleet of other cars and the dealer paid for a Lyft.
Was this intentional on your part or is that how the service worked for you in your area?

Was this intentional on your part or is that how the service worked for you in your area?
It's the only way I ever heard of it happening. I took it to a different Hyundai dealer across town when I thought I had some transmission issues (turned out to be a bad mount later on) and that dealer had some horrible customer service.

I've never heard of Genesis having some superior service over Hyundai, I've only ever heard of Genesis owners being mad at having to go through Hyundai dealers and getting the same treatment as them.

Me? I really didn't care. I wasn't any better than anyone else.

It's the only way I ever heard of it happening. I took it to a different Hyundai dealer across town when I thought I had some transmission issues (turned out to be a bad mount later on) and that dealer had some horrible customer service.

I've never heard of Genesis having some superior service over Hyundai, I've only ever heard of Genesis owners being mad at having to go through Hyundai dealers and getting the same treatment as them.

Me? I really didn't care. I wasn't any better than anyone else.
Thank you, appreciate the detail provided!

Back