Oil Recommendation for Modded 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ULTRA_SC3
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Run a slightly higher HTHS.

I plan on it as soon as I can find a non-HM 10wxx OTC that is B3 certified. would consider Amazon-ing it.

Curious as to the edit of my post when quoted to provide quite a different message than what the original conveyed. Any particular reason for this?

For malleability purposes only.

That makes very little sense, and in the context of the thread, absolutely none.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Just to update the thread I ended up going with M1 EP 5W30. I found it at the local auto parts store making it convenient and painless. Maybe next year, I'll do an oil analysts, maybe I'll go with a 0W40. Who knows? That is a year out before I have to make that decision thus I have accomplished my goal.

I have had great luck with all the Toyota trucks I have owned ! Any quality will be fine. Syn oils will cover your use all year around. I hear it gets brisk in Colorado during the winter !! Shorter oil change intervals are mostly better than longer oil change itervals

I run supertech synthetic oil 5w30 with Fram Pro 3614 oil filters now. When my 4runner was my main vehicle, I originally ran M1 EP 5w30 with Wix, then switched to PP/PU 5x30 and ran that till I got my new vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back