Oil Recommendation for '04 Stratus 4 banger

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of him doing UOA? Too bad. He could just start at 3months (6k miles) with his oil of choice and work from there. With this service he should be able to do 6 month OCI with a good synth. Just a Spring and Fall swap. He's one of the few that actually sees more steady state use then accellerated/evelated wear use. He has to do UOA though ..just to show no mechanical (fuel, etc.) issues
dunno.gif

I agree with Gary on the 6 month changes (8,000 miles) with synthetic. Do one UOA at maybe 5,000 miles on the Havoline and see where things stand, then proceed from there. Extending drains without 1 UOA to look for "issues" isn't smart.

I think RayH's original post was right on. Easy conditions favor the Gpr II dino at 5k OCIs. The 2.5 and the 2-liter it's based on are tough (if unrefined) motors and it will last very well this way.

quote:

The Purolator catalog says the car takes a L10241. Is there a Motorcraft version of this? What number? I think he is better off with the MC filter for the bypass valve in the threaded end.

I dunno about an MC cross-ref on this. This is a PH3614 sized filter. The "shot glass" size. If he's got the room lengthwise, a FL400S might be an MC alternative for him (barring any oddball reasons)
dunno.gif

I like the 8000 mile OCI. Analysis is possible as my kits ran about $8.50 each postage paid. ANA labs. When these run out (have 6 or 7 left) I probably will go with Butler Cat Labs. He is welcome to use one of my kits, but we can monitor with blotters too.

As for the Motorcraft filter, does the Dodge have a filter mounted bypass? I will have to research those numbers as a FL400 would be a nice filter for him. Bet it is the same diameter, and since it sticks out more, it will be easier to spin on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back