Oil Recommendation 2013 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cottons gauze air filters are fine for race cars since you're going to end up rebuilding the engine anyways, but you're letting too much contamination into your engine with it if you plan to take it to 200k. Honda engines normally wear in single digits on metal wear but you probably will be higher with that filter.

Royal Purple XPR is top notch. Any of their products with synerlec are awesome and worth paying extra if you can afford it. The Royal Purple without synerlec is not worth the extra cost in my opinion. If you continue to use XPR, consider the 5w20 variant or 5w30 if you feel your oil temperatures are high when flogging.

So let me get this straight - you're driving "up to 120mph maybe 1-2 times per week, rarely up to 140" on public roads and you think you're going to live long enough to get 200k miles on this car? Good luck with that. Don't take anybody down with you.

10w30 is fine.

Most people telling you that 30 is too thick don't know what a K24Z7 is, quite frankly. This isn't some grandma driven R18 Civic. You got a good thing going with what you're using IMO. With a 99mm (3.9") stroke length @ 7500RPM, low rod ratio and those high cam lobes to protect, I'd do the same- run a 30.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
So let me get this straight - you're driving "up to 120mph maybe 1-2 times per week, rarely up to 140" on public roads and you think you're going to live long enough to get 200k miles on this car? Good luck with that. Don't take anybody down with you.

Who said public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back